Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
CPAP constantly waking me up - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: CPAP constantly waking me up (/Thread-CPAP-constantly-waking-me-up)

CPAP constantly waking me up - davidtren12 - 02-20-2021

Hi,

I've been trying to sleep with CPAP for 5 months without much luck. Currently using the Resmed P10 mask since I feel it's the most comfortable!

I am using the Resmed Airsense 10 Auto with a 7-8 pressure, EPR at and humidifer at 2.

The problem is that it keeps waking me up at night, I am attaching a picture of the OSCAR data

[attachment=30157]

It says that I have leaks but I never noticed them. Is it possible that I have mouth leaks?

How could I solve them? I tried a chin holder but I sleep on my side and it bothers me too much...

Thanks in advance!

PS: That is a good day, mostly I have the mask for 3h and take it off during my sleep

RE: CPAP constantly waking me up - staceyburke - 02-20-2021

It looks like you have your apnea under control but centrals are what is your main events.  You are very close to using your machine as a straight CPAP with a continous pressure all night.  That is not a bad thing it helps with centrals.  Centrals seem to be worse with the larger swing of pressures.  Yours aree not much different (low of 7 high of 8) But you are using EPR of 3 which subtracts the low down to 4 on exhale.  I would try to stop the EPR and see how that effects your sleep.  So the setting would be.

Min 7
max 8
epr 0

Give it a try and see if it does not help with the centrals you are experiencing.

RE: CPAP constantly waking me up - davidtren12 - 02-20-2021

(02-20-2021, 06:56 AM)staceyburke Wrote: It looks like you have your apnea under control but centrals are what is your main events.  You are very close to using your machine as a straight CPAP with a continous pressure all night.  That is not a bad thing it helps with centrals.  Centrals seem to be worse with the larger swing of pressures.  Yours aree not much different (low of 7 high of 8) But you are using EPR of 3 which subtracts the low down to 4 on exhale.  I would try to stop the EPR and see how that effects your sleep.  So the setting would be.

Min 7
max 8
epr 0

Give it a try and see if it does not help with the centrals you are experiencing.

Thanks for you answer, I will try that!

The problem is that many days I just get 2 or 3h because I rip the mask off. And even in the screenshot I posted the CPAP keeps waking me up

RE: CPAP constantly waking me up - staceyburke - 02-20-2021

Why do you think it is waking you up? To much pressure? Just not use to it? Problems breathing?

RE: CPAP constantly waking me up - OpalRose - 02-20-2021

The small leaks (spikes) showing on your graph are mask movements. In addition, there could be some mouth breathing. If you are using the full face mask, then it won't affect therapy, but with the nasal pillow mask, you will need to use a soft cervical collar if you can't control mouth breathing.

The leaks aren't enough to affect therapy, but can affect your sleep and cause you to wake.  

Definitely, turn the EPR down to 1 or even off.  Hopefully that will tame the clear airway events.