Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac (/Thread-Default-F12-Screenshot-Folder-on-Mac)

Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac - gregoryalter - 02-20-2021

I have been hunting through many threads looking for the name of the folder where the Oscar F12 Screenshots go.  Somebody please tell me and if there are multiple options just mention them and I will go searching.  I was able to upload some screenshots recently, but now, I just can't seem to find the folder where they all are, now.

RE: Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac - Crimson Nape - 02-20-2021

The latest version, 1.2.0, has a popup window allowing you to select its storage location. Older versions stored them in the OSCAR_Data/Screenshot folder. If you aren't running OSCAR v1.2.0, it is strongly recommended that you upgrade. Also, someone else posted about screenshots on a Mac and found that they needed to have the "Fn" key pressed when pressing the F12.

RE: Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac - gregoryalter - 02-20-2021

Thanks, and of course I see the popup.  Where the heck these shots went is still a mystery and it is really ticking me off!... I guess I will just start over and make use of the option to define a place from now on, and not worry about the dozen or so shots I just cannot find.  If and when I do, I might post another reply here.  And I do appreciate you responding, for sure.  Yes, it is true that on the Mac you either need to use the dropdown from the view menu, or Fn with F12.

RE: Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac - SevereApnea - 02-21-2021

don't know about Mac but in windows this works fine:

1. Unless you rename each screenshot you could do a search on your computer for
screenshot-* if that works in a Mac.

2. Or, in Oscar, go to Help>About OSCAR > then click show Data folder, this should bring up the Data folder with the Screenshots directory.

Also as Crimson Nape said the cool thing about V1.2.0 is you get to choose where to save the screenshots.
I like to save Everything to my Desktop, where it is easily accessible, but again I am speaking with my Windows hat on!

RE: Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac - gregoryalter - 02-21-2021

I did the search for any file with "screenshot" in it and still nothing showed.  I believe that Oscar was simply not saving during the session I thought I was saving screenshots.  Now it is working fine with me having specified a new directory within the Oscar Data directory.  Nice little tip about going to About in Oscar and "Show Data." Thanks for your reply.

RE: Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac - Crimson Nape - 02-24-2021

Sorry for not seeing your post sooner. Try using, *.png, as the search term.

RE: Default F12 Screenshot Folder on Mac - gregoryalter - 02-24-2021

That’s how I know the problem really was the feature for saving using fn F12 on the Mac just didn’t work until I did a Re-boot.  Now it’s working just fine.