Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP (/Thread-FAULTY-SENSOR-ON-RESMED-S9-VPAP)

Pages: 1 2

FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP - PhilEd - 02-25-2021

I have a Resmed S9 VPAP machine that I bought from the USA. It has worked well for a number of years. Over the last few nights it has given an error message saying that the sensor is faulty. I live in Australia. I have contacted Resmed in Australia, who advised that it was not worth having the machine repaired as the model has been superseded and they no longer have parts for it. They further said that if they do, by chance, have parts it would be more expensive to repair than buying a new machine. Can anyone who has had a similar problem or is technically minded give me any advice on what i should do. Thanks, Philip

RE: FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP - Crimson Nape - 02-25-2021

What are the run hours for your little puppy?

RE: FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP - PhilEd - 02-25-2021

Hi, I have no idea what the run hours are but the little puppy is already quite and old dog Smile How do I find out what the run hours are?

RE: FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP - Crimson Nape - 02-26-2021

Here are the steps to find its run hours:
  • Press the "i" button twice, until the sleep quality screen appears.

• Then, simultaneously press and hold that button and the double-check button.

• until the screen flickers and a wrench appears in the lower left box.

• Then turn the right knob one click to the right and press the middle of it once.

• Then turn the same button until it stops.

• The next to last line will show "run hrs".

• The location may vary in different firmware versions.

RE: FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP - Sleeprider - 02-26-2021

The problem is that the machine depends on the sensor for flow and pressure feedback, and it is built into the main printed circuit board. Replacement of the sensor means replacement of the main board, and between parts and labor, that usually is very close to the cost of a new machine. The parts are simply not available outside of Resmed's approved service providers. We can look at the run hours all we want, but it doesn't change your need to start shopping. You may know Supplier #2 ships to AU and warrents exports. Their current cost for an Airsense 10 Autoset is $539 USD and the shipping seems to about about $100 to that. As I understand the situation, that is still a steep discount to buying in AU. You might want to call and see what you can arrange.

RE: FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP - PhilEd - 02-26-2021

Thanks for your response. I am currently using a Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt.  Does Resmed have a current model that does the same function as the VPAP Adapt? If yes, what is it called? If not what do you recommend?

Do any of the other manufacturers sell a similar product?

Thanks.

RE: FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP - jaswilliams - 02-27-2021

Which model number of the Vpap Adapt If its the ASV version ? The normal replacement would be a Resmed Aircurve 10 CS Pavewave.

RE: FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP - PhilEd - 02-27-2021

How do I know what model number it is? Is there somewhere I can look. There doesn’t seem to be any model number on the machine itself or on the label with the serial number

RE: FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP - jaswilliams - 02-27-2021

Phill this is the serial number label from my machine the number next to the Ref is the model number mine is an ASV auto 36037

RE: FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP - PhilEd - 02-27-2021

Hi, thanks for your help. 

The label on my machine is REF: 36037A

With that in mind, what is the current Resmed equivalent.

Thanks very much