Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Activa Lt vs Resperonics dreamwear nasal mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Activa Lt vs Resperonics dreamwear nasal mask (/Thread-Activa-Lt-vs-Resperonics-dreamwear-nasal-mask)

Activa Lt vs Resperonics dreamwear nasal mask - chronic - 02-27-2021

Been on cpap and then apap since 2004.  Used the Activa Lt for many years then switched about a year ago to the dreamwear nasal mask.  In last few weeks have been changing up every other day to compare them.  I am sure now that the dreamwear nasal mask makes my 90percent pressure go up to 14 or 15 and when I use the Activa Lt it is 12 or 12.5.  Also with the Dreamwear I experience a somewhat rapid pulsing on occasion which wakes me up.   I am concerned that the dreamwear nasal mask is not good for me.  I know you will tell me to put screenshots but even though I read the directions, I just have trouble with it.  I sure would appreciate any thoughts on the comparison of masks.  The reason I switched to Resperonics is cause the dme said they were not carrying the Lt any longer.

RE: Activa Lt vs Resperonics dreamwear nasal mask - Crimson Nape - 02-27-2021

Hi chronic!  -  Welcome

A quick search of our supplier's list (link to Supplier List) shows that the Activa Lt is alive and well.  (Note: The link to the Supplier list is at the top of each page in the black ribbon.)   If you must use a DME for insurance purposes, I would suggest looking for another one that sells the product you want.   If you can pay out of pocket, several online suppliers have this mask for around $89 USD.

RE: Activa Lt vs Resperonics dreamwear nasal mask - srlevine1 - 02-28-2021

I use both masks and have encountered similar results.

I only use the Dreamwear when I am working late and want an unimpaired vision of my tablet and might fall asleep.

I was told by my DME that ResMed's Mirage Activa LT was to be discontinued. That was three years ago. If you have Medicare, you can get a complete mask and six cushions every three months.

RE: Activa Lt vs Resperonics dreamwear nasal mask - chronic - 02-28-2021

Thanks both, mr levine the problem with dme's is that I live in a fairly low population area, and I am 73 and on medicare.  There is not a sleep dr close, mine died in a plane wreck and it just seems like a hassle to change although I want to.  Through my experimentation with the two masks I find the Resperonics makes more noisej.  When I wake up and check the 90% pressure it is always higher.  I feel like it might scoot around on my head when I lay on my side.  So I would sure like some advise on a mask.  The dme wants to ditch to Activa Lt for whatever reason and I have come to dislke to Resperonics dreamware, it is more a nightmare.  I have it a good try for about a year.  Whoa is me.  Another thing I have come to dislike is the Dreamwear topnot on my head.

RE: Activa Lt vs Resperonics dreamwear nasal mask - chronic - 02-28-2021

srlevine that is a good quote you have. Yes, I've had about 8 or 9 years of medicare,  I've got a good supply of both of those masks.