Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Requesting review of OSCAR data - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Requesting review of OSCAR data (/Thread-Requesting-review-of-OSCAR-data)

Pages: 1 2

Requesting review of OSCAR data - NightOwl42 - 02-27-2021

Hello,

I have used my CPAP for over a year now, and am still getting used to the d*mn thing. Could I kindly request that one of the veterans here give me some feedback on my OSCAR data?

Regardless of what my data suggests, I feel my sleep quality is poor, and however long I am in bed, I wake up fatigued.

Attached are two reports, one is from about one month's worth of data, and the other is a typical night.

Does anything stand out?

Thanks in advance.

[attachment=30429][attachment=30430]

RE: Requesting review of OSCAR data - Sleeprider - 02-27-2021

The best screenshots are from the Daily Details chart including the left column with Events, Statistics and Settings. See the Organizing your Oscar Charts in my signature links. Your charts show that with a pressure range of 7.0 to 13.0 and EPR 2, the pressure responds mostly to flow limitations. I think taking your EPR to 3 and minimum pressure to 8.0 may calm the pressure fluctuations and any resulting sleep disruption. You did not mention any intolerance to pressure, so that's where I think you might do better. Overall, your results are good, and leak rate is low. A lot of information that might offer a better clue on therapy is missing as discussed above.

I just noticed the bedtime shown on that report is way off. I wonder what that's about?

RE: Requesting review of OSCAR data - NightOwl42 - 03-01-2021

[attachment=30491]@Sleeprider:

Thank you for the feedback. Attached is an additional screenshot.

As far as the times, I think it may be that my device has its clock set wrong. I usually go to bed around 11:30 PM.

RE: Requesting review of OSCAR data - Sleeprider - 03-01-2021

Well you killed it on this chart organization. Good job. There is very little obstructive events here, however flow limitation is still driving pressure. The flow limitation may be reduced by increasing the EPR to 3. There is a bit of risk that will also increase CA. I think that is worth trying. Your event rate is low, so our main focus needs to be on comfort. Give the higher EPR a try, and we can come back and decide what works best and what feels best.

RE: Requesting review of OSCAR data - SarcasticDave94 - 03-01-2021

Given the currently low CA, try EPR 3 and see what happens. Post a new OSCAR answering how you feel tomorrow. Changing to EPR 3 shouldn't take long to notice changes.

RE: Requesting review of OSCAR data - NightOwl42 - 03-20-2021

[attachment=30938]

Hi,

It took me a while to get back to this, not sure the change in EPR made any difference. Does anything else standout about this new data? This is representative of a night where I used the device almost the entire time sleeping.

Thanks.

RE: Requesting review of OSCAR data - SarcasticDave94 - 03-20-2021

Data charts look very good. How is therapy helping on becoming more rested? Feeling better for it?

RE: Requesting review of OSCAR data - NightOwl42 - 03-20-2021

Unfortunately not. Change in EPR didn't seem to make a difference.

Waking up several times per night, and feel unrested in the morning.

RE: Requesting review of OSCAR data - Gideon - 03-20-2021

Think about videoing yourself, I think you were somewhat restless. What I don't see is why.

RE: Requesting review of OSCAR data - NightOwl42 - 03-22-2021

Thank you for the suggestion, I appreciate your help.