Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Please help me interpret Oscar data... - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Please help me interpret Oscar data... (/Thread-Please-help-me-interpret-Oscar-data)

Pages: 1 2

Please help me interpret Oscar data... - chris94546 - 03-06-2021

[attachment=30605][attachment=30605][attachment=30605][attachment=30606][attachment=30607][attachment=30606][attachment=30607]OK, so I finally loaded Oscar and figured out how to use it. I have provided data from a very representative night. Please help me evaluate the data. Much appreciated!

RE: Please help me interpret Oscar data... - SarcasticDave94 - 03-06-2021

Which aspect of therapy isn't working well for you? Tell us what symptoms you'd like help with so we know what to address. And post an OSCAR with events at the top, then flow rate, pressure, leak, flow limit.

RE: Please help me interpret Oscar data... - chris94546 - 03-06-2021

Dave,

Not sure what you mean, as Event flags are at the top of my Oscar attachments. As far as why I need help, it is because I continue to be very tired, with minimal improvement in symptoms since starting CPAP treatment.

RE: Please help me interpret Oscar data... - staceyburke - 03-06-2021

You have your charts up but you want to organize them. See the link at the bottom of the post. 

I can not tell if you are using EPR (exhale pressure relief)   You have 2 problems, first centrals And 2 flow limits. If you are trying to lessen the centrals you would decrease or eliminate the EPR. If you are trying to limit the flow limitation you raise the EPR.

RE: Please help me interpret Oscar data... - Crimson Nape - 03-06-2021

Chris - I think Dave is referring to the toolbar obscuring data on the left side. Try using the "F12" key to take screenshots and see if that removes the toolbar from over part of the image.

I missed that toolbar blocking the view. I mentioned events because I wanted to make sure you'd still present them. Flow rate is AWOL or missing. How long have you been on PAP therapy? Sometimes it does take months of good PAP therapy to recover good, restful sleep.

Hope this helps. Have eliminated the toolbar in the image.

OK there we are. Do you use EPR? It may help with comfort. Just keep track of the small amount of CA you already have to be sure it doesn't go up.

It appears there's a 10 minute Ramp active. And that may actually cause a bit of a pressure disturbance. Leaks from the mouth and mask look like they may occasionally add a bit of a disturbance also.

RE: Please help me interpret Oscar data... - Sleeprider - 03-06-2021

For someone that started with a diagnostic AHI over 26 and normal weight, I'm surprised at the residual flow limitation. Your results look very good to me as a new user of CPAP, and your pressures are staying very close to the minimum setting. The low variation in pressure should help you get better sleep. Your settings are at minimum pressure 6 and maximum 7.8 with EPR 3. That is a very very narrow range for auto CPAP, and I suspect your machine would go considerably higher given the flow limits. I would prefer to see you at a minimum pressure of 7.0 and increase the maximum to 9.0 with EPR 3, but your results so far are fine.

Yes, EPR is turned on. I looked over a period of many days and Clear Airway/Central Apneas are typically fairly minimal. They also usually are clustered in the late morning hours, which makes me believe that I am partially or fully awake and moving around, which is fooling the machine. Just wished I felt better after a nights sleep. Still tired and lethargic.