Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Daylight Savings TIme - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Daylight Savings TIme (/Thread-Daylight-Savings-TIme--32013)

Pages: 1 2

Daylight Savings TIme - SideSleeper - 03-13-2021

I have the DST block checked in our profiles in Oscar.  Do i need to do anything else with the two A10 machines? Thinking-about

RE: Daylight Savings TIme - sheepless - 03-13-2021

good question! the machines won't change time (resmed anyway) so if oscar thinks it's DST, there might be a problem. idk this but intuitively I'd think oscar and the machine should be on the same time. that means adjusting the machine for DST or unchecking DST in oscar.

RE: Daylight Savings TIme - GuyScharf - 03-13-2021

(03-13-2021, 08:20 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: I have the DST block checked in our profiles in Oscar.  Do i need to do anything else with the two A10 machines? Thinking-about

OSCAR does not use the DST option in the profile, so setting that option has no effect.

Best approach is to change the time in your machines to match your computer's time.

RE: Daylight Savings TIme - Sleeprider - 03-13-2021

I will add, change you machine's time CAREFULLY. Every time we have a time change, we get posts about people accidentally changing the date or moving the time too far. Get it right, or leave it alone. The machine is not an alarm clock, and the difference of 1-hour does not change the interpretation of the data. Not changing the time is an option.

RE: Daylight Savings TIme - OpalRose - 03-13-2021

I never bother changing the time on my machine.

RE: Daylight Savings TIme - Big Guy - 03-13-2021

Here in AZ. we don't waste our time on such silly stuff. 

And, we can open or conceal carry too.  Cool

RE: Daylight Savings TIme - SarcasticDave94 - 03-13-2021

I'd opt with don't bother. If you do adjust, do so carefully. I do have to wonder where that daylight went to that we saved.

RE: Daylight Savings TIme - SideSleeper - 03-13-2021

I had already decided not to bother. I had a Respironics machine previously and wasn't certain on the Resmed. Thanks for the suggestions.

RE: Daylight Savings TIme - srlevine1 - 03-14-2021

I change my time on Saturday AFTER 2:00 p.m. to plus one hour. It keeps my machine synched with my computer and backup files.

RE: Daylight Savings TIme - SuperSleeper - 03-14-2021

I just wish all the time-changing junk would stop.  Wish they would simply pick a standard time all year round, and stick with it.

I hear there's yet another bill in U.S. Congress to have us stay on DST permanently... I just hope it gets passed this time around.

I have to change SO MANY clocks in our house - and I have to devote a full 30 minutes to that one task, twice a year.  (we have a lot of clocks)

So, that's the ending of my complaint for the day.   Bigwink Too-funny

...EDIT:  I'm becoming a cranky old fart in my old age... oldman   Sorry about that.... sort of...  Big Grinnie