Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Help Please - I May Have Made my SD Card Unreadable by OSCAR - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Help Please - I May Have Made my SD Card Unreadable by OSCAR (/Thread-Help-Please-I-May-Have-Made-my-SD-Card-Unreadable-by-OSCAR)

Help Please - I May Have Made my SD Card Unreadable by OSCAR - anderson5420 - 03-17-2021

I have been using OSCAR, locking the SD card when I put it in the computer, and unlocking it when I put it back in the CPAP. Yesterday I forgot to lock it when I put it in the computer, and today OSCAR can not import the data. The machine is a Resmed AirSense 10.  The computer is a MacBook Pro running Mojave. I think I had read, maybe in the Wiki, that the problem is that the computer will write a hidden index file or something that messes it up for OSCAR, I really don't know - if anyone knows what my options are, either to fix the existing SD card or start over with a new one, I would sincerely appreciate to hear from you!

RE: Help Please - I May Have Made my SD Card Unreadable by OSCAR - Crimson Nape - 03-17-2021

That applies only for the Resmed S9 series. Resmed corrected this issue on the A10 series. If you had a problem, it is usually that you didn't press the SD card in far enough, until the lock clicked, to hold the card in its slot.

RE: Help Please - I May Have Made my SD Card Unreadable by OSCAR - anderson5420 - 03-17-2021

Thanks for the response!

I am pretty sure the SD card is pressed in because the SD card shows up in the Finder and the usual files are visible. I did "ls -a" from the Terminal in the /volumes/"NO NAME" folder (the name of the SD card is "NO NAME" and the "-a" shows all including hidden files) and there are two hidden directories, .Spotlight-V10 and one other.

Can I start over with a fresh SD card? How does it get formatted for the Resmed machine? OSCAR had been asking me before to confirm that it is a Resmed formatted SD card. Now Finder can see the SD card but it makes OSCAR unresponsive with the whirling beachball of death, requiring a force quit.

I am not generally afraid of the Terminal, but here if I start trying to delete hidden files, I feel like I might be playing with fire!

RE: Help Please - I May Have Made my SD Card Unreadable by OSCAR - Sleeprider - 03-17-2021

Any SD card from 2 to 32 GB formatted to FAT32 (standard format).

RE: Help Please - I May Have Made my SD Card Unreadable by OSCAR - anderson5420 - 03-17-2021

OK, the solution  turned out to be trivial. I copied the visible files from the original SD that came with the AirSense 10 to my computer, I then formatted a 16 GB SD card I had on hand. Finally, I copied the files from the computer to the freshly formatted SD card. OSCAR imported it just fine. When I put it back in the AirSense, there was a momentary message about "preparing the card" and then back the usual Home screen. All good. 

I will be sure to lock the SD card when I put it in the MacBook Pro from here on out!

Thanks.

RE: Help Please - I May Have Made my SD Card Unreadable by OSCAR - Sleeprider - 03-17-2021

There is no need to lock the card with the 10 series. That only applies to the S9.