Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR question - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR question (/Thread-OSCAR-question--32066)

OSCAR question - parkerdt - 03-19-2021

I have used SleepHead for many years, and want to upgrade.  I installed OSCAR and first time, it asked me if I wanted to import SleepHead data.  Being impatient, I said no.

How can I go back and actually do that?  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling OSCAR with no joy.

thanks,
Dave

RE: OSCAR Problem/Question - parkerdt - 03-20-2021

There must be a way to make this work.  I imported my entire history from my SD Card import folder, and the data looks wildly different from SleepHead.  I'd like to get this working if anyone can help, here.  Do I need to remove some registry setting or something?  Delete some files somewhere?

thanks,
Dave

RE: OSCAR question - SarcasticDave94 - 03-20-2021

I'm not certain if it'll help, but sometimes I've had to erase the data and redo the import.

RE: OSCAR question - parkerdt - 03-20-2021

Thank you!  But can you be a little more specific, please?

Dave

RE: OSCAR question - pholynyk - 03-20-2021

I would suggest creating a new profile and importing from the Backup folder of your SleepyHead data, and then importing from you current SD card.

This may not get everything perfectly, because there were some problems with the SleepyHead Backup process, but I think that it will be the best you can do.

RE: OSCAR question - parkerdt - 03-20-2021

Tried that, but it did not work for me.  Still a big data loss.  I will stick with SleepyHead for now.  I have a folder with pristine data from my Flash Air SD card going back 6 years.  SleepyHead reads all of it, OSCAR not so much...

thanks,
Dave

RE: OSCAR question - GuyScharf - 03-21-2021

There are several ways to force OSCAR to start anew and offer the migration option.

1) Probably the easiest is to rename the OSCAR_Data directory to something else. Start OSCAR, it will ask you if you want to create OSCAR_Data. Respond 'yes'. OSCAR should then offer to migrate sleepyhead data.

2) Using a command prompt/terminal/or whatever your OS has for typing commands, navigate to the directory where OSCAR is installed. Type "oscar --datadir new_OSCAR_Data" and it will create a new directory and offer migration. Note the two hyphens before the word "datadir".

3) It is possible to muck with the Windows registry (or equivalent for your OS) to persuade OSCAR it doesn't know anything yet.  I don't recommend this approach.

After migrating your data, then import from your SD card to bring in any data that is on the card that wasn't in SleepyHead.

RE: OSCAR question - parkerdt - 03-21-2021

Thanks!  Choice #1 worked for me, and my data now appears complete.  Appreciate the help!

Dave