Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
"Not in stock at local branch level" medical supply Apria - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: "Not in stock at local branch level" medical supply Apria (/Thread-Not-in-stock-at-local-branch-level-medical-supply-Apria)

"Not in stock at local branch level" medical supply Apria - tierdal - 04-19-2021

So I am trying to get the Fisher & Paykel Evora Nasal Mask with Headgear 

but when i call in to Apria they tell me its not "available at the branch levle"

What is this? How do i get this mask with insurance? 

If I cant, is there a cheap place I can get it?

These people feel like scammers man.

RE: "Not in stock at local branch level" medical supply Apria - OpalRose - 04-19-2021

Apria doesn't have the best reputation. Try a different supplier/DME.

RE: "Not in stock at local branch level" medical supply Apria - SarcasticDave94 - 04-19-2021

I've used Apria and now Lincare. Neither are well loved by most. I find it depends on the local office much more than corporate.

Apria had a warehouse 45 minutes away when is used them and they did get my supplies to me next day.

I'd agree, try another DME.

RE: "Not in stock at local branch level" medical supply Apria - tierdal - 04-19-2021

Why you recommend? I'm in new York City.

Why is apria bad?

I called in again and got a different response I think it was corportey, first time was local.

They said they are sending me the mask and the sizing stuff... Hopefully it happens.

Is it normal for a company to just not offer you something that is clearly in their site? Lady on the first call said I'd have to go out of pocket. Was she trying to scam me?

RE: "Not in stock at local branch level" medical supply Apria - SuperSleeper - 04-19-2021

Could be.  Dont-know

Sorry, but it's just darn tough to figure out the exact motives of any single customer service rep you come across.

You just have to keep trying DMEs and seeing if you can find one that will work with you without too much hassle.  DMEs are like swimmin' holes.. you just don't know if there's any snakes in 'em until you dive in and check it out.  And just because a friend went swimmni' in there last week and found no snakes, don't mean you ain't gonna find a rather nasty snake in the swimmin' hole this week.

RE: "Not in stock at local branch level" medical supply Apria - SarcasticDave94 - 04-19-2021

Ultimately it's your choice. They'd not like that I suppose. Your choice in DME. If you overall like this one, keep calling to ask until you like the answer.

I chose to consolidate DME's to Lincare as they were least unhelpful. I give a kudos to the manager at Hanover Lincare, I had the hospital bed from them for 18 months and Medicaid based insurance reversed their initial approval. Lincare manager just swept my bill under the rug and submitted a new approval through Medicare as the Medicaid denial happened a month before I was placed on Medicare with judges approval of Disability. So I felt like they'd be good enough to consolidate.

Rotech, Lincare, Apria are all national DME's. I've used all 3. Rotech in my area is a franchise called CP02. Others like Rotech more than Lincare and Apria. Myself I found CP02 Rotech least helpful, followed by Apria and then Lincare. YMMV but I say local offices vary in how good it bad they are.

RE: "Not in stock at local branch level" medical supply Apria - tierdal - 04-20-2021

im still astounded i called in and got told "thats not available, buy out of pocket" . then i called in a again and its arriving tomorrow...

sigh.