Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Rice95 Therapy - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Rice95 Therapy (/Thread-Rice95-Therapy)

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 05-11-2021

Gideon and OpalRose

Great ! That makes me feel good. 
Thank you !
I’ll post when something outlandish happens :-0
Hope not !

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 05-12-2021

Coffee

Good morning 

Last night I must have cheated the pillow----a couple of clustered sections but the hypopneas were more than they have ever been. Maybe 9 or 10?

I never have that many hypops.  Thinking-about

I know sleep is going to be inconsistent from night to night and is affected by a lot of different things as Opal Rose pointed out a few posts back.

I do feel rested and no aerophagia for as long as I can remember. I'm surprised it jumped that much in one day. I think the numbers spiked because of the OA's mostly but you are the experts. 

Yesterday was a 1.6.

I have run out of things to do to keep me off my back short of the tennis balls which I am not doing lol. I have enough things strapped to me and in bed with me   Oh-jeez

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 05-14-2021

Coffee

Good morning!

I have good news! Its my best numbers so far! 

Same settings (will try flex at 1)

Pressure still 10 and feeling no ill effects

Collar snug

Flat pillow

Small pillows wedged behind my back on each side of me to prevent back sleeping each time I have to turn over. 

Still ramping for 10 min but seems to be fine because I don't fall asleep in 10 min usually.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd be sleeping with all these contraptions and still get a good night sleep  Dielaughing

Best to all of you experts who have helped me achieve real sleep and have extended my life. My doctor? We won't mention that.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - OpalRose - 05-14-2021

Good job!  You have a great attitude.  We do have to laugh at ourselves sometimes.  Smile

RE: Rice95 Therapy - SarcasticDave94 - 05-14-2021

Looks and sounds like you're doing great. Congrats and keep at it.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 05-14-2021

Thank you OpalRose and Dave for all your support!!

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 05-20-2021

A question about periodic breathing. I'll go days without any and this morning had some. 

I know it is a form of central apnea. How typical or normal are these episodes?

I'm on blood pressure medicine which slows my breathing down at night---assuming that is what Losartin does.   Dont-know

Generally I'm a very slow breather and have been alerted by my watch to breathe or stand up. Anyone have a watch that tells you to do that? Its only when I'm reading usually. 

(I'm assuming I rolled onto my back an hour into my sleep hence the OA clusters.)

RE: Rice95 Therapy - OpalRose - 05-20-2021

The PB on your graph is nothing to worry about. It would be different if you were to see this consistently through the night or on a daily basis along CA events. I don't see that pattern on your graph.

I do however see the clusters of Obstructives, which is positional.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 05-22-2021

Coffee

Good morning!!!!

I hope everyone is well. Well, after a night of severe storms with the power on and off and no consistent CPAP , my numbers were expected to be outrageously awful, and they were. Then the next night I forgot to wear my collar which is totally unlike me to forget something like that. Those numbers proved awful as well.

BUT, this morning, 2 days later, I have the best numbers I've ever had!  OpalRose you said to turn down my Flex. Last night I turned it down to 1 instead of 2 as an experiment.  I don't know if this is a coincidence but my numbers are close to NO EVENTS!!  Thanks

Collar on snug

Small pillow wedged behind my back

Flex at 1----will turn off completely soon. 

Ramp still on 10 min---will move to 5 if any events start occurring 10 min into my sleep. Its hard for me to fall asleep in less than 10 min with pressure all the way to 10.

Bless you all!!

BTW, I retire from 25 years of school teaching this coming week!!  It has come so fast. 

I won't be a stranger! This forum has brought me something positive and fun to be a part of.  Eat-popcorn

RE: Rice95 Therapy - OpalRose - 05-22-2021

Good morning!

Well, we can't argue with those results. It seems like Flex 1 might be a good setting for you. I would stay with that, but if you want to experiment, that's ok.
And don't be discouraged if you see your numbers go up and down night to night. Go by how you feel.

Congratulations on your retirement!