Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Rice95 Therapy - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Rice95 Therapy (/Thread-Rice95-Therapy)

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 06-16-2021

Thank you Dave !

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 06-17-2021

Coffee

Good morning my friends!

Better overall this morning...got killed with RERAS and HYPOPS of which will be rectified with the new ResMed 10 Auto.

Obstructives better today. I wore the collar a little tighter last night. I think that may be it. Getting that exactly right is tricky.

I dont feel as rested---maybe because of the RERAS, plus I did not use any melatonin. I don't want that to be a crutch and then get dependent on it.

I woke up briefly maybe twice. Once between 11-12 if I recall and then about 30 min before I wanted to get up which was planned for 345.

I never mentioned I don't use an alarm. I never have in all my adult years. I just wake up within minutes of when I'm supposed too. Even all during my school teaching years. Strange?

Bless you all on this Thursday! My ResMed comes today! Heated hose arrives tomorrow. I ordered the hose separately from a different place for a little cheaper.

Chart attached

RE: Rice95 Therapy - OpalRose - 06-17-2021

RERAS can cause many arousals during the night, some you're not even aware of. That's probably why you don't feel rested.

Thank you OpalRose. Thats good to know. 
I just ran a mile and walked maybe 1/2 a mile. I'm feeling better but it may hit me later.  Eat-popcorn

(06-15-2021, 06:11 PM)Hi OpalRose Wrote: No, I didn't take ramp into consideration because a Min of 7cm is low to start with.  Try it and see.  You will be starting with a Min. of 7 and letting the machine do it's thing if needed up to 10cm.  It may not go that high.

Try setting this up and sit and read or watch TV while using it at these settings for an hour before bed, just to get used to it.

You will need to order a Clinicians manual.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

In the meantime,
Press the round knob and the Home button at the same time for approximately 5 sec.
Turn knob to highlight settings, and press knob.

Start with Mode and make selection (auto).  Continue down and make settings for type of mask, response (standard),
Ramp (off), EPR on, full time, set to 2.
Set humidity as needed.
Set Essestials to Plus.
Smart start to On.

Continue down to set language, date, time, etc.
Hi OpalRose! 

Machine here 
Here’s what is set. Let me know if it’s ok 

Mode: Autoset 
Max 10
Min 7

Mask: Full 

Response: Standard 
Ramp : Off 
EPR : On 
EPR Type: Full Time 
EPR Level: 2
Humidity : 2 
Tube : Slim Line(will be heated when it comes in)
AB Filter : No
Essentials: Plus 
SmartStart: On

Ok, looks good to start. Just know that we may need to make adjustments.
Too low of a EPAP setting could result in an increase in Obstructives.
Also, starting EPR 2 hoping you don't have an increase in CA's.

Ok. I’ll wear it tonight and hope for the best and report back tomorrow AM with chart attached!

2 questions 

On the PR I had to shut it off when I woke up. Do you have to shut it off or does it shut off automatically? 

How often do you fill the humidifier? It looks pretty small (I love this machine btw, the PR was so clinical looking and white of all colors. It’s also MUCH smaller. The water chamber is way more accessible too. This thing rocks)

Also, if I do happen to get up during the night for a bathroom break, what do I do ? Will it shut off and then resume after I return to bed ?

Check to see if Smart Start is on.  If it's on, the machine will start as soon as you breathe into the mask and stop when you remove the mask.

If you don't like that feature, then turn Smart Start to off.  Then you would just hit the button manually to start or stop.

Everyone is different in the amount of humidity they use.  For the first use, fill to just below the max line, then gauge in the morning how much you used.  In time, you'll know what your normal usage is.

Just don't overfill!  

Yes, if you get up, with smart start on, just remove mask and it will shut off after a few seconds.
Or if keeping your mask on, disconnect the mask hose from the machine hose and it will stop.