Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Rice95 Therapy - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Rice95 Therapy (/Thread-Rice95-Therapy)

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 07-15-2021

Thanks for chiming in too Opal. I'm just frustrated and I want to sleep as comfortable. I hope the new collar is better than this one. 

My burning question: Do the vast majority of collar users eradicate positional apneas? Am I the the exception here?

RE: Rice95 Therapy - ICEMAN - 07-15-2021

Not sure but probably think that Sidesleepers collars may not need the Collars to tight as, for time I more wore the collar to was to encourage keeping mouth closed which did work and don't need it now, but times on back needed the Collar tighter as other wise pressure on back collar to certain extent push front chin part of collar could create a space and chin could also still tuck in if not aware of that happening but with everything take bit of time to get used to it being around neck, may also be worth test wearing in day for comfort break and have tested it out a bit on arrival it turns up ? Any way all the best old mateSmile

RE: Rice95 Therapy - ICEMAN - 07-15-2021

(07-11-2021, 12:50 PM)Rice95 Wrote: Dave and Opal 

Yes this is true. 

Let’s hope that I’m on to something with the pillow placements (small one between knees and big one along my back, collar…

New collar arrives in a few days I think 

Bless you guys 

Sometime the experts should post their charts and we can all try to figure out what’s happening! Coffee I’m not sure you’d want my advice though. I’d have you guys so screwed up
I’d be banned for life!!
Laugh-a-lot

Rice I sort of do that now I look at post and Diagnose, but with out posting "as don't wont up the creek with out a paddle" so just sit think to myself what that person should be doing and then mark myself for knowledge against the Experienced in the Knower's poster answer. See how many Beeps I get ""Your Fired""

Iceman

Thank you for taking the time to help me out. It amazes me that I could get real time advice from someone so far away as Australia! Still amazed by the internet after all these years. I remember in 1993, I was in graduate school and a friend of mind came running across the campus towards me yelling ‘ you’re not going up believe this!! I emailed the White House! I was on the World Wide Web!!  Too-funny

Best to you too mate 

-

RE: Rice95 Therapy - DaveL - 07-15-2021

(07-15-2021, 07:21 AM)Rice95 Wrote: Thanks for chiming in too Opal. I'm just frustrated and I want to sleep as comfortable. I hope the new collar is better than this one. 

My burning question: Do the vast majority of collar users eradicate positional apneas? Am I the the exception here?

That's a goal for me too.
After all we get to wear this gear for 8 hours a night (?)

If someone had said that to me 35 years ago when i was diagnosed, my thought would have been "There must be a better way".

On bad nights/bad days I pull up memories of good nights and days....that gives me strength to go on.

(I'm trying a new mask.....it's so comfortable! It's so easy to wear! but AHI is high....)

Your comment about receiving help from Australia is so special.  

Reaching back to my experience....Dr Inouye scheduled an appointment for 1 year 7 months in the future.  If I needed help I would phone in and talk to his secretary. She would make an appointment 2 months in the future. I'd show up....he would say, "increase pressure by 2..." and I would have to go see my DME supplier.  They would increase the pressure by 2....
By the way the Respironics brick I bought from him came with one mask. No substitutions....I couldn't change the type of mask.  Welcome to Ontario Canada. That was about 2009?

I am so grateful for the people here who take time to read and give recommendations that improve my care when I implement them.  I'm emabarassed

Hi DaveL

Same for me. ‘I’ll see you in a year’

I don’t think I’ll make that trip. This forum is my doctor. The experts here are amazing! 
I have donated and will continue to donate for their time. Great you found a mask! I hope your AHI can get down where it’s supposed to be. That could be an aberration. 
Stay with it and tinker with it. I looked into the N30i because it’s so similar to the Dreamwear which is my current mask.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - DaveL - 07-15-2021

Wonderful message Rice95!

Finding this forum was key to becoming my own advocate and advancing my treatment.

Absolutely!

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 07-16-2021

GOOD GOOD GOOD MORNING!!  lots-o-coffee lots-o-coffee lots-o-coffee

As you can tell I'm pretty happy today. 

Last night I slept with my new collar (different brand)and the numbers are much improved (for now   Too-funny  )

All kidding aside, it isn't a coincidence that my numbers fell that much. 

I hope to be able to duplicate this on a regular basis my friends.

Thank you Dave for the collar recommendation because it worked like a charm last night.  Thanks

Thank you Opal for hanging with me as well as my other friends. Gideon for the deep analysis of my breathing...confirming I had to keep wearing the stupid collar  Laugh-a-lot 

You all have a blessed day!   Coffee

Chart attached

RE: Rice95 Therapy - ICEMAN - 07-16-2021

Brilliance on a full 8Hr night sleep Well done, feels good when hit the Numbers Smile