Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Rice95 Therapy - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Rice95 Therapy (/Thread-Rice95-Therapy)

RE: Rice95 Therapy - SarcasticDave94 - 08-24-2021

Good charts make the hard work to get there feel worth the effort. You got a nice trend, so congrats.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 08-25-2021

Thank you Opal! Thank you Dave!

For the Leak Rate, what is considered acceptable? The last 2 days it has ironically been 14 considering I stopped the big leaks that awaken me like leaks at the side of the mouth.  Leaks are typically around 8. Maybe I got excited too soon lol

RE: Rice95 Therapy - SarcasticDave94 - 08-25-2021

If the best you can get is a controlled 14, meaning it's not jumping above that, it could be ok. A little better consistently might be a good idea. Leaks may disrupt your sleep.

Even at 14, your 10 points below the redline.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 08-26-2021

Thanks Dave  Coffee

I'm going to tweek the straps again.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 08-27-2021

Good Morning! Coffee

I  tightened the head gear straps a little more to fix the leaks to get the leak rate down. 

Leak Rate is now down to an acceptable level. I remember Dave saying once consistently below 8 is ok , and that you feel rested. 

I feel rested and I feel the leaks are not disruptive as far as I can tell. I don't remember being awakened. I guess you can study things too much and get too wrapped up in it. My AHI has been consistently below 1 in the last few weeks. Today was the highest in a while at 1.12. I'm averaging 7 hours a night which is my target so I feel I am doing fine. I can't imagine what my health was like before I decided to get a sleep study done. The only reason I went was because I snored my wife out of the bed. Now snoring is a distant memory. All I have now is a nightly commitment to my CPAP and experiencing true rest. Yes it is uncomfortable and a pain. There are lots of inconveniences in life. For example,  I'm wearing a night guard for grinding my teeth and that became routine.  There will also be apnea interruptions during the night and no one has perfect sleep every night even with a CPAP, but I have extended my life and I am much more rested than I would have ever been by staying the course.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - SarcasticDave94 - 08-27-2021

All looks great on the OSCAR. You're building a good trend too. Now you'll probably not even need to look at data so much, you'll feel when something strays off normal. Congrats on the win.

Coffee

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 08-28-2021

Thank you my friend. You and Opal have been awesome.
Best to you guys and get some rest this weekend!
Coffee

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 09-04-2021

Good Saturday Morning! Coffee

I thought I'd give my weekly update. Leaks are down to 0. 
A few positional apneas off and on this past week but nothing extreme. I've been keeping all my Oscar screenshots in a folder.

Since I seem to have solved my positional issues with a lot of blood sweat and tears with Opal and Dave I don't post as much. 

Have a great weekend! Coffee

Chart attached

RE: Rice95 Therapy - OpalRose - 09-04-2021

Have a great weekend Rice!

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 09-05-2021

Thank you Opal! You too!