Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Rice95 Therapy - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Rice95 Therapy (/Thread-Rice95-Therapy)

RE: Rice95 Therapy - OpalRose - 05-07-2021

I can't honestly say if it would improve your numbers, and no you should not feel starved for air.
No change that you try is permanent. You can always set it back.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 05-07-2021

What is the benefit of using it/not using it?

RE: Rice95 Therapy - OpalRose - 05-07-2021

I haven't seen much benefit when using Flex.  I used a Respironics Cpap for over 6 years, with Flex set anywhere from 1 to 3.  I only saw a slight benefit when using a setting of 1.  

A Flex setting of 3 has proven for many to be disruptive to sleep.  When using Flex, the exhale relief you see on the graph never drops more than 2cm and is based on flow or how forceful your exhale is.  

With Flex, it's best to try the different settings and see if you notice a difference.  See what "feels" best.

If you are hesitant to turn it off, then move the setting to 1.   My curiosity is to see if Obstructives are more or less with a low flex setting.  I'm not expecting to see much of a difference.   Dont-know

Also, if you were using (ResMed), then an EPR setting would be helpful with Aerophagia, but Flex does not work the same as EPR.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 05-07-2021

Ok good to know. 
I’ll give it a try 
Thank you for being on top of everything!

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 05-08-2021

Good morning Coffee

Thursday night my white noise connected to a blue tooth speaker went silent every hour of the night---time for a new app. Needless to say it was very disruptive to sleep.  Sad   I didn't lower the flex last night because I needed sleep and I wasn't sure how I'd react to it. I'll try it at 1 tonight. 

Gosh, had I known the Res Med EPR was good for aerophagia and that I was going to suffer from it, I would have been able to make an educated decision before dropping 1100.00 dollars on this sub standard machine. I was taken advantage of in so many ways.  Oh-jeez
Well this is where I am now, and I'll have to get through this until I can afford to get a better machine. 

Numbers last night weren't terrible, but I think I found a way to roll on my back close to 1:30 AM Thinking-about

I feel VERY rested though.  Bigwink

A few RERAS

No CA

OHI at 2.6. 

ATTACHED

RE: Rice95 Therapy - OpalRose - 05-08-2021

Looks good except for the RERAS, but you also had disruptive sleep from your white noise app.   Rolleyes

I see the positional apnea around 1:30.  

All in all... not too bad, since you know what the issues are... you just have to keep working on it.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 05-08-2021

Well, the white noise issue was Thursday night. Last night was much better sleep but with RERAS showing up and that one cluster at 130 which was a roll over I think. 

I’m going to see if that was a fluke on RERAS. They come and go with me. Some nights with none, some nights with a small handful and some nights are plentiful like last night. 

Tonight at Flex 1. I’ll see how I do. If good, then I’ll shut it off.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Rice95 - 05-11-2021

Good Morning! Coffee

Last night numbers better with a larger pillow behind me to prevent rolling onto my back. 

The numbers before were elevated so I tried it and it worked for last night. We'll see for tonight. 

Flex still at 2(will try this weekend) 

Collar snug

Flat pillow

Ramp still the same(will eliminate)

RERAS showing today.

I don't see the big clusters today of OA

I feel very rested.

Pressure at 10 is all I can take at this time. I am just now starting to feel a little relief from aerophigia after being on 10 for the last week. 

Please let me know your analysis.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - Gideon - 05-11-2021

Since you feel good, leave it alone. The numbers are great.

RE: Rice95 Therapy - OpalRose - 05-11-2021

I agree, stick with your current settings for now. As long as you are feeling good and not experiencing Aerophagia.

If there's any major change, post another graph.