Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Unique use for OSCAR - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Unique use for OSCAR (/Thread-Unique-use-for-OSCAR)

Unique use for OSCAR - dec3169 - 04-30-2021

I have been using OSCAR since I found it while looking for upgrade info for SleepyHead.  I used SleepyHead for years before OSCAR.  I like how well OSCAR runs on Linux and I kind of stretch the limits of the program.  I have an old Toshiba Wifi SDCARD in my Dreamstation, and I wrote small scripts to pull the data from the wifi card to the original SDCARD that now resides in one of my Linux boxes.  The data is then copied into a folder on my NAS and OSCAR gets it all from the share.  It works well, although I may soon have to find another wifi card because the Toshiba I use is not sold anymore and one day I'm sure it will die.  Because I move the data to my NAS I can access the data from multiple different computers as it is reachable from my whole home network.  If there was an android app I could get the data there as well.

I also extensively use home automation, and have programs and settings for a lot of stuff to make life easier.  I use the Tasker app on my Android phone to do the same - example:  I use an app called Gentle Alarm as my alarm clock.  Tasker integrates with that app.  I made some tasks in Tasker to recognize weekdays vs weekends, and whether I'm home or on business travel, and it will turn off my alarm or adjust the time at 8pm the night before depending on whether I have to be up early or not.  I also had it trigger my lights to turn on and blast music when my apnea was mostly untreated and I had "issues" waking up for work.  I would miss meetings and my boss would call me.  Now my apnea is more under control, so I switched to the (very loud) classic phone ringer sound for my current alarm.  I guess my brain still thinks I've overslept and my old boss is calling me.   Big Grin

I said all that because I had an idea today to try to get some useful info pushed to me on my phone daily using Tasker.  I would like to find a way to automate pulling my daily AHI from OSCAR (once my script runs and imports the data from the night before).  I have my Linux box pull the data at 8am and noon just in case I sleep in.  I want to pull my AHI somewhere, and have tasker go get it and send me a popup or a msg, or maybe just log it so I can look when I want to.

I was wondering if OSCAR has an API that can be called for info like that, or if it keeps all of the imported data in a way that could be automatically read.  I briefly looked at the data and it was a mixture of binary and a little bit of plain text, and I couldn't immediately see where the data would be kept.

I could probably use that dreamstation app but I tried it before and didn't like it - I'd much prefer using OSCAR.

Does anyone know if it is even possible to extract the AHI from the most recent data import - before I even open the OSCAR program and the data is read into the program and "prettied up" so we can read it in the Daily view?

I know this may be way over the top for a sleep apnea board that likely only has a small amount of computer people that understand what I said, but I'm hoping someone that maintains OSCAR would know if this is possible.

Thanks for at least reading this.

Bob