Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Philips dreamwhisp vs resmed n20 nasal mask issue - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Philips dreamwhisp vs resmed n20 nasal mask issue (/Thread-Philips-dreamwhisp-vs-resmed-n20-nasal-mask-issue)

Philips dreamwhisp vs resmed n20 nasal mask issue - Captain Howdy - 05-15-2021

I've been using my dreamwhisp and it's great. Great numbers. Best I've felt in a year. But it cuts in under my nose which is not comfy. I have solved this by putting padded plaster under my nose which is a pain, but whatever. I also tape my mouth. 

Settings
Pressure 9.5
Cflex+ 3

I hired a resmed n20 to see if it would fit better. It does. But when I use with the same settings as above. It's as if I can't get enough air into my lungs. It's quite distressing. It makes me a bit dizzy and my ears pop. So I've been playing around. I've increased the pressure in increments of 0.5 up to 11. I've also played with the cflex+ settings. Cflex+ 1 feels a bit better, but I still can't get enough volume of air. 

Is there anything I'm missing? 
TIA

RE: Philips dreamwhisp vs resmed n20 nasal mask issue - Captain Howdy - 05-23-2021

Anyone? Anyone? 

"Voodoo economics" (Ferris Bueller gag) 

Seriously tho. Love a few tips

RE: Philips dreamwhisp vs resmed n20 nasal mask issue - OpalRose - 05-24-2021

Sorry you didn't receive a reply.

I don't use nasal masks, so unable to help. Finding a mask is very individual, fit and feel is going to be different for everyone.

I will suggest, however that you not use Flex 3 as it seems to cause discomfort for some.
Experiment with Flex 1 or 2 to see which feels better.
Flex is a comfort feature and will drop up to 2cm on exhale, regardless of the setting. It is based on flow.

RE: Philips dreamwhisp vs resmed n20 nasal mask issue - Captain Howdy - 05-24-2021

(05-24-2021, 05:44 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Sorry you didn't receive a reply.  

I don't use nasal masks, so unable to help.  Finding a mask is very individual, fit and feel is going to be different for everyone.  

I will suggest, however that you not use Flex 3 as it seems to cause discomfort for some.  
Experiment with Flex 1 or 2 to see which feels better.
Flex is a comfort feature and will drop up to 2cm on exhale, regardless of the setting.  It is based on flow.

Yeah will give that a shot. The dreamwhisp seems to give a really nice steady flow of air. The resmed seems like I'm not getting enough air. 

If anyone has any tips! Send em in!

RE: Philips dreamwhisp vs resmed n20 nasal mask issue - Gideon - 05-24-2021

I cannot compare your masks as I've used neither. When feeling air starved you try a higher min pressure setting. For me I need a pressure of 10+ min to begin to feel comfortable. Currently my IPAP/pressure is 14-15. This is one reason we usually say try a larger pillow size for a pillow mask such as the P10 that I use.