Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Cheyne Stokes Event - Need Input - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Cheyne Stokes Event - Need Input (/Thread-Cheyne-Stokes-Event-Need-Input)

Cheyne Stokes Event - Need Input - Suzi - 05-18-2021

[attachment=32325]
Hello.  I have mixed apnea and have been doing very well with my CPAP for four years now.    But this morning I was surprised and concerned when I discovered an 18 min Cheyne Stokes event.   My API wasn't too bad though at 2.15.  Had no idea this was happening.  Dr.  Google scared me to death so I checked the threads here and feel somewhat better about it.     

Can anyone tell me at what point I should call the doctor?   And what doctor?  My pulmonologist,  neurologist, or cardiologist?   I hate starting with one doctor only to schlepped off to another one.   Takes forever to get answers that way.

I have so many other health issues I'm dealing with right now but should I be worried about this 1st time event?  Or should I just chill - for awhile anyhow.

Thank you! Thanks

RE: Cheyenne Stokes Event - Need Input - Gideon - 05-18-2021

No you don't. you don't have any CA events associated with it. ResMed has (not so) wisely decided to incorrectly call ALL Periodic Breathing CSR.

It is called Cheyne (not Cheyenne) Stokes Breathing. Did the Spellchecker get you?

Organize our charts to include
Events
Flow Rate
Pressure
Flow Limits
Leaks

On the left sidebar please no calendar or pie-chart, the 'hide' important stats and settings.

Also Post, in addition to the full night, a 10 minute zoom of the PBR and also a 3 Minute view of the PBR for evaluation.

RE: Cheyne Stokes Event - Need Input - Suzi - 05-18-2021

Thank you Gideon.  that is encouraging.  Smile   Sorry about the screen shot and spelling error - can't even blame it on spellcheck this time.  My old lady brain/tech skills leave much to be desired.   LOL. 

I'm using Oscar's report so are you saying that my ResMed machine is feeding it the wrong info?   Normally my report shows a mix of CA and Obstructive.   Sometimes one or the other or both.

PS. I just checked my ResMed App (which I don't normally read) and it just says I had 2.5 events - doesn't say what kind. Got a score of 100. Totally confusing.

RE: Cheyne Stokes Event - Need Input - SarcasticDave94 - 05-18-2021

ResMed throws an incorrectly named flag on CSR. That's really all it's about on this one.

Thanks Dave.

RE: Cheyne Stokes Event - Need Input - SarcasticDave94 - 05-18-2021

Welcome

RE: Cheyne Stokes Event - Need Input - Gideon - 05-18-2021

OSCAR accurately reports what the machine says. You had no CA events during the "CSR" time period

Okay.  Thanks.