Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover (/Thread-Used-CPAP-for-the-first-time-looking-for-OSCAR-lookover)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover - sporkisfaster - 05-19-2021

Have ResMed Airsense 10 For Her
F30 mask

This was all given to me for free, I have had a sleep study and diagnosis (dont remember my exact AHI from the study but the results were not good) but lost insurance and got this CPAP generously donated to me. Here's my OSCAR data from my first night, let me know what next steps I should take settings wise and other info needed. FWIW overall the experience felt fine, mouth was slightly dry and I have a slight headache but unclear if this was the cause. Felt like I slept and the mask only felt very slightly uncomfortable.

[attachment=32337]
[attachment=32338]

RE: Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover - SarcasticDave94 - 05-19-2021

Welcome to the Apnea Board,

It would appear that the very high Central Apnea (CA) are going to be an issue. Turn EPR off.

If you had your copies of the diagnosic sleep study, we'd ask you to post it here in redacted form. We'll try our best to help you get the most out of this CPAP, but it's a possibility that your CA are of the pre-existing/predominant type. This would mean your problem is more Central than the more common Obstructive type. If true, then the correct diagnosis would be Central or mixed Apnea and not pure Obstructive Apnea.

Regardless, the best thing for now is that turning off EPR that I mentioned. Let's see what that does.

2 actions EPR off and post OSCAR in a non-zoomed screenshot.

RE: Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover - staceyburke - 05-19-2021

Welcome!  There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this site that can and  will help you.  You started off great with an OSCAR post with charts.   Only thing is we also need the complete night instead of a "zoomed" in view of part of the night.

Dave is right on, he is one of the people here that can help with CA.

RE: Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover - Gideon - 05-19-2021

Welcome.

Turn EPR off, likely we will turn it back on.

The segment you posted shows some CO2 driven breathing. Which reenforces turning EPR off.

Post a 10 minute segment from the CA cluster so we can see the nature of the Centrals. Always post a full night, non zoomed view.

Welcome to the Apnea board, we can and will help you but please turn off EPR for now.

RE: Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover - sporkisfaster - 05-19-2021

May be a silly question but I didn't see it in the wiki: how does one export a full view/read out of this instead of me taking a screenshot

RE: Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover - Gideon - 05-19-2021

It is still a screenshot.
Right click on the chart name then the 100% view or something like that.

RE: Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover - staceyburke - 05-19-2021

You do a screenshot. You have clicked on a part of the top screen. You can zoom in and zoom out by clicking on the top graph and use the down arrow to zoom out, the up button to zoom in, left and right button to move left or right in a zoomed in screen.

RE: Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover - sporkisfaster - 05-19-2021

[attachment=32339]
[attachment=32340]
[attachment=32341]

[attachment=32342]

Got some full night ones too:

[attachment=32343]
[attachment=32344]

[attachment=32345]

Here is my sleep study

RE: Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover - Ratchick - 05-19-2021

Hey there and welcome. Smile

Wow, that's a lotta centrals. Looks like one of my charts! These guys are the best, and they can for sure help you. It'll definitely help to see your sleep study results if you can find them. As has been said, if your original diagnosis was for central or mixed sleep apnea, then it's good to know that.

Edit: Wow ok so apparently your sleep study has pretty much pure obstructive type events and no central events? If that's accurate, that's good, hopefully, the change in settings will drop your central events down and keep your obstructive events gone too.