Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS (/Thread-News-RECALL-THREAD-IMPORTANT-PHILIPS-DREAMSTATION-SYSTEM-ONE-USERS)

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - GrumpyHere - 06-17-2021

(06-16-2021, 11:06 PM)ICEMAN Wrote: Does it only apply to US Machines ????????????????????? 

recall notification (U.S. only) / field safety notice (International Markets) advises patients and customers to 

In the States it's called a recall notification.
In EU it's called a field safety notice.
Recall notification should equal to field safety notice in this instance .

From 
https://ec.europa.eu/docsroom/documents/36292/attachments/1/translations/en/renditions/native

A FIELD SAFETY CORRECTIVE ACTION is an action taken by a MANUFACTURER to reduce a risk of death or serious deterioration in the state of health associated with the use of a MEDICAL DEVICE that is already placed on the market. Such actions, whether associated with direct or indirect harm, should be reported and should be notified via a FIELD SAFETY NOTICE.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - koala1 - 06-17-2021

(06-17-2021, 04:58 AM)GrumpyHere Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 11:06 PM)ICEMAN Wrote: Does it only apply to US Machines ????????????????????? 

recall notification (U.S. only) / field safety notice (International Markets) advises patients and customers to 

In the States it's called a recall notification.
In EU it's called a field safety notice.
Recall notification should equal to field safety notice in this instance .

From 
https://ec.europa.eu/docsroom/documents/36292/attachments/1/translations/en/renditions/native

A FIELD SAFETY CORRECTIVE ACTION is an action taken by a MANUFACTURER to reduce a risk of death or serious deterioration in the state of health associated with the use of a MEDICAL DEVICE that is already placed on the market. Such actions, whether associated with direct or indirect harm, should be reported and should be notified via a FIELD SAFETY NOTICE.

Yeah. 
And still I was told recall is not decided in Japan. 

What’s interesting I checked my machine here, it’s affected. No official recall no countermeasures though. 
https://www.philipssrcupdate.expertinquiry.com/

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - GrumpyHere - 06-17-2021

(06-17-2021, 05:37 AM)koala1 Wrote: Yeah. 

What’s interesting I checked my machine here, it’s affected. No official recall no countermeasures though. 

If the company selling the equipment in your country is not an actual Philips subsidiary, but an authorized importer, they might play word games/translation games to avoid the recall. Especially if the dealership has changed hands.

250 mil euros for 3 mil machines only works out to 83 euro per machine for parts, labor and logistics. It looks to be a losing proposition.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - koala1 - 06-17-2021

(06-17-2021, 05:55 AM)GrumpyHere Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 05:37 AM)koala1 Wrote: Yeah. 

If the company selling the equipment in your country is not an actual Philips subsidiary, but an authorized importer, they might play word games/translation games to avoid the recall. Especially if the dealership has changed hands.

250 mil euros for 3 mil machines only works out to 83 euro per machine for parts, labor and logistics. It looks to be a losing proposition.

It is Philips official subsidiary. And yet they don’t know anything. 
Anyway when prices goes down again I’ll just buy my own machine. 
Yeah, it seems demand is real and prices of both Airsense and DM2 went up.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Rice95 - 06-17-2021

HI all

This may have been mentioned already. How do I officially register my DreamStation? I just purchased it this past February 2021. Ive been all over the internet looking for a site. I know a company as big as Philips just hands it off to their distributors to handle I'm sure.

I still have all the papers including the bill of sale. I purchased it in full directly from my sleep doctor. Whenever Philips decides to compensate(lol)I'd like to have proof of ownership in their data base. I've looked on their site(s)and I cant find anything to register the machine. I did install the DreamMapper back in Feb, but I wanted it officially registered. I did email my doctor this morning and asked him if he had he heard from Philips since he is a distributor directly from his office to patients.

I do not want a replacement, nor do I want anything 'fixed' Contacting Philips I'm sure is next to impossible now with the entire world screaming at them.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Sleeprider - 06-17-2021

Rice95, it is certain that all warranty and replacement claims will be handled through the DME suppliers. In this case it is your doctor and clinic that prescribed and issued the machine. Just contact them concerning this matter. This clearly leaves many owners of the Dreamstation that purchased a machine used, or through a non-DME channel without any recourse. I can only hope that eventually a class-action lawsuit will change hoe Philips and other medical equipment companies define "customer" and gives the end-user direct recourse for replacement of a defective product. It's also obvious that this is a replacement recall, and the owners of these machines will not have the choice for refund and exchange for any other brand.

Just by the way, where could I buy new machine without prescription and get it shipped abroad?

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Rice95 - 06-17-2021

(06-17-2021, 07:15 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Rice95, it is certain that all warranty and replacement claims will be handled through the DME suppliers.  In this case it is your doctor and clinic that prescribed and issued the machine.  Just contact them concerning this matter.  This clearly leaves many owners of the Dreamstation that purchased a machine used, or through a non-DME channel without any recourse.  I can only hope that eventually a class-action lawsuit will change hoe Philips and other medical equipment companies define "customer" and gives the end-user direct recourse for replacement of a defective product.  It's also obvious that this is a replacement recall, and the owners of these machines will not  have the choice for refund and exchange for any other brand.
Thanks for the reply my friend

I just heard from my doctor and they register all machines with Philips to stay in compliance, so I am ok. 
Yeah, I'll never own another Philips machine ever again. I already told my doctor who was an official distributor of Philips-only products. 

I cant imagine anyone wanting anything Philips manufactures after this debacle. Replacement or repair related...

Monetary compensation I'm sure would bankrupt the company. I am sure that is the suit that is ultimately being sought. Trust is gone. No one wants anything from a company who lied to their consumers and then held their personal health at ransom. I'm keeping my papers in case in 2031 I will get a Philips coupon for a mask and headgear.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - TomR60 - 06-17-2021

(06-17-2021, 06:59 AM)Rice95 Wrote: HI all

This may have been mentioned already. How do I officially register my DreamStation? I just purchased it this past February 2021. Ive been all over the internet looking for a site. I know a company as big as Philips just hands it off to their distributors to handle I'm sure.

I still have all the papers including the bill of sale. I purchased it in full directly from my sleep doctor. Whenever Philips decides to compensate(lol)I'd like to have proof of ownership in their data base. I've looked on their site(s)and I cant find anything to register the machine. I did install the DreamMapper back in Feb, but I wanted it officially registered. I did email my doctor this morning and asked him if he had he heard from Philips since he is a distributor directly from his office to patients.

I do not want a replacement, nor do I want anything 'fixed' Contacting Philips I'm sure is next to impossible now with the entire world screaming at them.

Registration is here:

"https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/e/sleep/communications/src-update"

Registration is in the blue box on the right-hand side - "Begin Registration Process".  It's unknown at this time if they will repair, replace with a refurbished unit, or a new unit.

(06-17-2021, 07:15 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Rice95, it is certain that all warranty and replacement claims will be handled through the DME suppliers.  In this case it is your doctor and clinic that prescribed and issued the machine.  Just contact them concerning this matter.  This clearly leaves many owners of the Dreamstation that purchased a machine used, or through a non-DME channel without any recourse.  I can only hope that eventually a class-action lawsuit will change hoe Philips and other medical equipment companies define "customer" and gives the end-user direct recourse for replacement of a defective product.  It's also obvious that this is a replacement recall, and the owners of these machines will not  have the choice for refund and exchange for any other brand.

Contacted my DME - they were absolutely no help (not surprised).  Instead, they stated that all warranty or replacement concerns would be handled by Phillips.

Thanks for nothing...    Angry

(06-17-2021, 08:05 AM)TomR60 Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 06:59 AM)Rice95 Wrote: HI all

Registration is here:

"https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/e/sleep/communications/src-update"

Registration is in the blue box on the right-hand side - "Begin Registration Process".  It's unknown at this time if they will repair, replace with a refurbished unit, or a new unit.

Contacted my DME - they were absolutely no help (not surprised).  Instead, they stated that all warranty or replacement concerns would be handled by Phillips.

Thanks for nothing...    Angry

Handled by Philips... Dielaughing