Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS (/Thread-News-RECALL-THREAD-IMPORTANT-PHILIPS-DREAMSTATION-SYSTEM-ONE-USERS)

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Bobaloo - 06-17-2021

I wonder if the foam degradation particle problem is only a problem for those that have used Ozone cleaners? Would those that have not used ozone cleaners be OK- in the short term- until the DME receives guidance on how to handle this? Somehow, I doubt any DreamStation 1 unit with moderate to considerable hours of motor usage will be repaired. That would not make any sense. Respironics will likely just offer some discount through the DME network for a new DreamStation-2 unit without initiating an expensive and logistically difficult repair process.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Sleeprider - 06-17-2021

(06-17-2021, 07:21 AM)koala1 Wrote: Just by the way, where could I buy new machine without prescription and get it shipped abroad?

Supplier #2. Great record of sending machines all over the world, reasonable prices and prescriptions mostly optional except for advanced machines like ASV.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Sleeprider - 06-17-2021

I updated the first post of this thread with a link to the Recall Notice that contains information on registering devices for the recall: Philips Respironics Dreamstation Recall Notice

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Rice95 - 06-17-2021

(06-17-2021, 08:20 AM)Bobaloo Wrote: I wonder if the foam degradation particle problem is only a problem for those that have used Ozone cleaners? Would those that have not used ozone cleaners be OK- in the short term- until the DME receives guidance on how to handle this? Somehow, I doubt any DreamStation 1 unit with moderate to considerable hours of motor usage will be repaired. That would not make any sense. Respironics will likely just offer some discount through the DME network for a new DreamStation-2 unit without initiating an expensive and logistically difficult repair process.
I just formally registered my machine on the Philips site. My doctor sold me the machine, and he is under obligation to report the distribution sales he made to his patients to Philips as well. My machine was verified with a serial number input wizard as one of the machines affected. From there I formally registered the machine. I am not looking for a replacement or a repair. My health is actually important. There will be months or years of litigation. If I trusted them, which I don’t, I certainly wouldn’t wait for them hash out legalities while I’m without therapy to send me a discount on a crummy DS2 for heavens sake. Trust is gone.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Rice95 - 06-17-2021

Thank you Tom for the registration site …
All done. Yep it was flagged.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - TomR60 - 06-17-2021

You're Welcome, Rice95.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Lazer1234 - 06-17-2021

It has been mentioned before that Airsense 10 does NOT have foam in the air duct. But I wonder what material this ring is made of?

[Image: fvc5Lw2.png]

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - racprops - 06-17-2021

(06-17-2021, 10:34 AM)Lazer1234 Wrote: It has been mentioned before that Airsense 10 does NOT have foam in the air duct. But I wonder what material this ring is made of?

[Image: fvc5Lw2.png]

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Where is that picture from?? What model it it??

Rich

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - hegel - 06-17-2021

Well, on the upside, tens of thousands have used the airsense with no mention, at least here, of health issues...(I hope....). OR?...

On the other hand, did anyone here flag the PR model for adverse effects?

By the way, I use an ozone cleaner, Respify, but only for my tube, mask and hose. That all goes in a bag. Machine is left out.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Lazer1234 - 06-17-2021

It is an image from this video with AirSense 10 For Her

GrantsReviews