Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS (/Thread-News-RECALL-THREAD-IMPORTANT-PHILIPS-DREAMSTATION-SYSTEM-ONE-USERS)

RE: PHILIPS DELIVERIES - MikeE3 - 09-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 10:16 AM)WakeUpTime Wrote: One would think that current DS1 owners, especially those still under warranty ....

Well, mine is less than 5 years old, but out of warranty. No package yet.

IMMINENT PHILIPS DELIVERY - WakeUpTime - 09-08-2021

(09-08-2021, 02:11 PM)MikeE3 Wrote: Well, mine is less than 5 years old, but out of warranty. 

Did you do anything else besides register and wait?  
No calls to Philips directly?  
No contacts with any insurers that might have motivated Philips?  
No help from a lawyer via registering with a class action?

If 'no' to all those, it'll be extremely interesting if a new DS2 arrives, without notice, along with a return label & box for your old DS1.  We'll all try to figure out their replacement program schedule.  

By the way, did you register as being a SoClean user?
Were you an early (first day) registrant?

It sure would be nice to have some insight into Philips' replacement schedule for users.  Perhaps as more users receive deliveries, that will provide more insight.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - ger365 - 09-08-2021

I paid out of pocket for supplies for my ds1, I'll be damned if they send me a (bs)ds2!!! I want my ds1 repaired !!!

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - SuperSleeper - 09-08-2021

I understand your frustration, but as far as I can tell the DS2's only major disadvantage is that it's not yet supported by OSCAR.

The OSCAR team is currently working on supporting the DreamStation 2 machines - it won't be in this next release (1.3.0) but will likely be in the next.

So once OSCAR supports the DS2 machines, it's not going to be a whole lot different than the original DreamStations, for the most part, I would think.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - mrmagloo - 09-08-2021

I'm not a big fan of the DS2 either. The top mounted display is absurd, and just watching some reviews, the touch screen is is difficult to use. Then they reverted back to the humidifier with the two latches that had a tendency to break easily. While I will stick with using the AS10 for every day, I would prefer MY repaired DS1 for back up or traveling. If I can't get mine back repaired, I think I'll opt-out and pull the foam myself. My .02 fwiw.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - btreger - 09-09-2021

How to Disinfect Your Smartphone

The SoClean Device Disinfector. You can drop all the small items you touch regularly into this compartment to have them disinfected in minutes using activated oxygen technology. The ozone surrounds your devices to clean all the nooks and crannies safely, quickly, and without any water.

On the longest cycle time, which takes about 20 minutes, the SoClean Device Disinfector kills 99.9 percent of germs on everyday surfaces, so you can easily clean them multiple times per day*.

Of course, there’s no reason to stop with electronic devices: Disinfect your keys, sunglasses, jewelry, and other items—you can drop in multiple things at once.

And here’s another suggestion: Right before you retrieve your items from the Device Disinfector, wash your hands well with soap and water. After all, every little bit helps.

I thought we could all use a good joke:

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - fredHa - 09-09-2021

i received a new ds2 by fedex this am.  registered on day 1 of the website being open in usa.  cpap device- no contact with dme or philips.  no plan to join legal actions.  i am not a high risk patient ahi .5-2 normally.  my ds1 is almost 2 years old - no further insurance payments.  the note in the box suggested return of ds1 for disposal.  i plan on holding my ds1.  ds2 has no modem visible but i think it communicates - no sim card- one level external filter.  i use humidifier but not heated hose.

i defoamed my ds1 2 months ago (easy for as my hobby is electronics).  i told my doctor what i had done to ds1 cpap- he said approved.  i plan on using ds1 as long as i can and put ds2 on shelf because 1) i like ds1 controls and display function and position 2) water level is difficult to recheck in the dark  3) oscar not reading ds2 yet

i will have no comparison of differences of ds1 and 2 operation as the ds2 goes on shelf for now.

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - btreger - 09-09-2021

(09-09-2021, 10:16 AM)fredHa Wrote: no further insurance payments.  the note in the box suggested return of ds1 for disposal.  

I guess I should say congratulations, but in your case, it may not be appropriate.

I do have a few questions for you, that might offer help to others;
  • Did you register the new DS2?
  • Did you notify your insurance company?
  • Where was the new device shipped from? 
  • Was there a return address and was it prepaid?
  • Did you notify your DME?
Thanks for the update fredHa

RE: RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS - fredHa - 09-09-2021

• register the new DS2? no- i haven't read through everything - suggestion may be there
  • notify your insurance company? no- insurance has paid off ds1 they only pay for mask hose etc at schedule.  ds2 (hose looks smaller) has adapter for my old mask.  invoice was 0 cost
  • device shipped from?
  1. philips rdd174 tech center dr ste 200mt pleasant pa 15666
  • return address and was it prepaid?
    return same as shipped except suite 300yes on paid- return sticker in box with instruction on to get it picked up and how to attach it
  • notify your DME? no my dme (by their web communication said they had nothing to do with the recall <https://www.rotech.com/philips-respironics-recall/> - this ds2 was a surprise - i was expecting a reworked ds1 which i would have been more happy with (i would liked to see if and how they replaced the foam)
      about the sim card - i was confusing - it has a reader but no card

(09-09-2021, 11:56 AM)fredHa Wrote:

• this ds2 was a surprise - i was expecting a reworked ds1 which i would have been more happy with

Thank you