Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Diagnosis] Sleep Test Report. Comments requested. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Diagnosis] Sleep Test Report. Comments requested. (/Thread-Diagnosis-Sleep-Test-Report-Comments-requested)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Sleep Test Report. Comments requested. - pb12 - 05-24-2021

Hello,

I have just completed a Sleep Test and have a report. I have also completed consultation with Sleep Dr.
Recommendation is CPAP treatment, which I think is correct. Now looking to buy APAP probably Resmed Airsense 10.

I wonder if the team has any comments on the report.

Thanks
Phil

RE: Sleep Test Report. Comments requested. - Gideon - 05-24-2021

Phil, I suggest either the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or the AutoSet for her. Infact insist on it.

AirSense 10 is a model line, not an individual model.

RE: Sleep Test Report. Comments requested. - SarcasticDave94 - 05-24-2021

Finally, a simple vanilla Obstructive Apnea and Hypopnea patient. Zero CA or mixed, so the AutoSet certainly would be good.

RE: Sleep Test Report. Comments requested. - pb12 - 05-24-2021

Gideon, SarcasticDave94

Yes. It is the Autoset I am looking at. Thanks for coming foward with a recommendation.
'Vanilla'... I'll take that as a compliment.

Phil

Take a look at some of the more complex treatment needs here on Apnea Board, including ones like myself. You'll appreciate being vanilla. Coffee

RE: Sleep Test Report. Comments requested. - Geer1 - 05-24-2021

One thing to note from the sleep study is that your apnea was only really an issue in supine position (sleeping on back).

Even better. Try side sleeping. Up had the least...maybe left or right side might be your best bet.

RE: Sleep Test Report. Comments requested. - pb12 - 05-24-2021

I had been aware (or the wife had) that sleeping on my side reduced my snoring, and by the looks of the report the OSA too.
However I end up on my back after a while.

I've ordered a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet and ResMed AirTouchâ„¢ F20 mask.

I'll report how it all goes.

Phil

RE: Sleep Test Report. Comments requested. - Geer1 - 05-24-2021

Apnea occurring in supine position could have a couple different causes. One is that gravity has more effect. Another is that you are more prone to tucking chin/kinking airway especially if using thick or multiple pillows. This second option is referred to as positional apnea.

Trying different pillow arrangements etc to try and maintain the best airway alignment possible when sleeping on back may be worthwhile especially if you do currently use thick pillows.

RE: Sleep Test Report. Comments requested. - Ratchick - 05-24-2021

Welcome! And congrats on (hopefully) a nice, simple, vanilla sleep study, from another of the complicated pains in the butt. Big Grin