Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Contec CMS50F data file question - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Contec CMS50F data file question (/Thread-Contec-CMS50F-data-file-question)

Contec CMS50F data file question - Jadazu - 05-30-2021

Hello,

I hope one of the skilled computer experts here could help me with a question.

I've been using a Contec CMS50F for about eight years, and i have been using the SpO2 Assistant program to offload the data files from the CMS50 and to view the files. I have been using Oscar for a month or so, and I have used the oximetery wizard to import the .spo2 files. (The SpO2 data is displayed perfectly in Oscar. Thank you, very much, to the Oscar developers!)

The problem is; it was difficult to import the .spo2 files, and i don't remember how I did it...

The SpO2 Assistant shows that it copies the imported files from the CMS50 to "C:\Program Files (x86)\SpO2 Assistant V3.0.5\Data\demo.SpO2", but I can not find the files there, not even 'hidden files'. When I imported the first set of .spo2 files into Oscar, I searched for a long time for the files, I found them somewhere, the Oximetery wizard couldn't copy them, so I copied them to a desktop file, and used the wizard to import them. Now i would like to import my most recent CMS50 data, but this time I can't find the location of the .spo2 files, and I don't remember how I found them last time.

So my Question is; does anyone know the location of the .spo2 files that SpO2 Assistant copies imports to? Or, can anyone suggest how I can find the files?

The file path above only leads to a file called 'demo.spo2', but no additional files.

Thank you,
Jim

Edit: I am using Windows 10 Home 64bit, 10.0 Build 19042, factory installed on a Lenovo laptop

RE: Contec CMS50F data file question - staceyburke - 05-30-2021

It has been awhile but I had the same problem about a year ago. As I remember when you Install the program it is put in the root dir. that won’t work. when I deleted the program and started over I put it on another sub dir ( I don’t thi k it matters which - just NOT the root) and it worked fine, and still does.

RE: Contec CMS50F data file question - Crimson Nape - 05-30-2021

Try looking at: C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1\Data

RE: Contec CMS50F data file question - Jadazu - 05-30-2021

Crimson,

Thank you!

That's it. (I don't know how i found it the first time...)

RE: Contec CMS50F data file question - Ratchick - 05-31-2021

It's down to Win10 and it's weird security stuff. If you're happy to look there, then that's great, otherwise, if you just run the program as administrator, it will write the files where you expect them to be.

RE: Contec CMS50F data file question - Jadazu - 06-03-2021

Ratchick,

thank you, that's it!

RE: Contec CMS50F data file question - Crimson Nape - 06-03-2021

Since you are on Win10, you can set the shortcut for the SpO2 app (actually any app) to always run as administrator.
  1. Right-click on the shortcut, select Properties.
  2. Click on the Shortcut tab and select the Advanced button.
  3. Select the option, Run as administrator.
  4. Click on all OK buttons until fully exited.
  5. You have arrived at your destination! Smile