Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Great AHI #s. Feeling tired. - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Great AHI #s. Feeling tired. (/Thread-Great-AHI-s-Feeling-tired)

Pages: 1 2 3

Great AHI #s. Feeling tired. - buddy0329 - 06-06-2021

Been on CPAP 4 years.  My AHI #s are almost always around 0.5 - 1.5.  Feeling generally tired and run-down.  Never really feel energized.

Perhaps I need more sleep, exercise more and eat better to lose the pandemic weight gain.  I am tempted to get a Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset when they finally release it just to see if the algorithm change makes a difference.  My AHI #s look reasonable, and my sleep doc recommends I make no changes.  I haven't changed my APAP settings in >1000 days.

Anything look off in my Oscar numbers?  These 3-days are pretty representative I think of most of my nights.  Looking @ my monthly stats in Oscar I get about 6h55m of sleep a night.

RE: Great AHI #s. Feeling tired. - SarcasticDave94 - 06-06-2021

I'd consider getting a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet now and not wait for the 11. That pressure chart full of choppy waves can't induce well rested sleep. That just appears to be sloppy pressure control, or the fatally flawed Respironics algorithm that looks imprecise. If you're due a new PAP don't wait on the 11, the AutoSet 10 will be a whole new and better experience.

RE: Great AHI #s. Feeling tired. - buddy0329 - 06-06-2021

(06-06-2021, 08:17 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'd consider getting a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet now and not wait for the 11. That pressure chart full of choppy waves can't induce well rested sleep. That just appears to be sloppy pressure control, or the fatally flawed Respironics algorithm that looks imprecise. If you're due a new PAP don't wait on the 11, the AutoSet 10 will be a whole new and better experience.

Hi Dave,

Are there examples of what the pressure chart should look like instead?

When I look back in my Oscar history, I see those waves every night, but always within a range of 11-12.5.  I thought that was what the APAP algorithms were supposed to adjust for, i.e. changes in required pressure.

Where can I read more about the 'fatally flawed' algorithm?

On the algorithm, it's going to be examples of PAP users here on the forum and how things were so much better just by switching to ResMed from Respironics. OSCAR showed a ResMed that treats, the PAP siding pressure to attack events, but prior results on the Respironics would reveal events the PAP missed attempting to tackle. The Respironics would more or less do nothing, sitting there confused.

Mmm I've lost all my OSCAR since my ASV is not helping me due to a very complex issue. Be sure others can show you their own data.

RE: Great AHI #s. Feeling tired. - buddy0329 - 06-06-2021

(06-06-2021, 08:37 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: On the algorithm, it's going to be examples of PAP users here on the forum and how things were so much better just by switching to ResMed from Respironics. OSCAR showed a ResMed that treats, the PAP siding pressure to attack events, but prior results on the Respironics would reveal events the PAP missed attempting to tackle. The Respironics would more or less do nothing, sitting there confused.

Mmm I've lost all my OSCAR since my ASV is not helping me due to a very complex issue. Be sure others can show you their own data.

Are you seeing events in my data that the PR Dreamstation failed to identify or attack or you referring to more general situations others have dealt with?  I have read that the Dreamstation can be slow to address situations and perhaps is closer to implementation to Resmed's "For Her" settings.

Thank you Dave.

You're welcome, in your case on these OSCAR charts, I'd say this is a generality. The PR can be a good PAP for some, but generally there's better comfort and feel to be found on ResMed. With your current 0 AHI, I'd rather look for the better comfort the ResMed typically can offer.

RE: Great AHI #s. Feeling tired. - Geer1 - 06-06-2021

Try turning flex on and to the max setting (I don't know PR machines to know exact wording/values). Overall your charts look pretty good. There are some signs of arousals (the spikes in flow rate) but not sure what would be causing them and whether it is breathing related or not.

Was your diagnosis mainly due to apnea or hypopnea/RERA?

RE: Great AHI #s. Feeling tired. - SarcasticDave94 - 06-07-2021

I've heard that flex 2 is better for the user typically. Flex 3 gives disruptions to a majority of the users.

RE: Great AHI #s. Feeling tired. - Rice95 - 06-07-2021

for what it is worth, I have my PR setting lowered to Flex 1 and my numbers got much better per advice from the experts here. Eventually I will just shut it off. I'll get a Res Med system in a few months I'm sure and I'll have much better sleep I've been told. I currently feel very rested and my numbers are good hence no rush to change machines now. Everyone is different. This was just my experience with this machine.

RE: Great AHI #s. Feeling tired. - buddy0329 - 06-07-2021

(06-07-2021, 05:37 AM)Rice95 Wrote: for what it is worth, I have my PR setting lowered to Flex 1 and my numbers got much better per advice from the experts here. Eventually I will just shut it off. I'll get a Res Med system in a few months I'm sure and I'll have much better sleep I've been told. I currently feel very rested and my numbers are good hence no rush to change machines now. Everyone is different. This was just my experience with this machine.

I haven't used Flex in probably 3 years.  I played around a little bit with it yesterday but dont think I really need it.

I woke up much refreshed this morning with an AHI of 0.39 on 7.5 hours of sleep.I still see the same sharp peaks and drops in my pressures; stating at 11, and peaking at 12.5.  I counted this occurring 20 times last night.