Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New member - OSCAR results from first full night - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New member - OSCAR results from first full night (/Thread-New-member-OSCAR-results-from-first-full-night)

New member - OSCAR results from first full night - bkersey129 - 06-09-2021

Hello everyone! I was referred to this site as a recommendation from a friend with SA. I was just diagnosed with OSA through Lofta a few weeks ago. My AHI was 8.0. They set me up with the Resmed Airsense 10 and F20 mask. 

Been a little difficult getting used to wearing the mask through the entire night and figuring out the machine. They originally set my machine pressure to 4-20 but I changed it to 6-20 and turned off the ramp feature. 

Last night was the first night I made it a full 8 hours with the mask on. I attached my results from OSCAR. Please provide any adjustments or suggestions you think I should make. I did order the Airfit F30i mask but it hasn't come in yet. I am a side sleeper so I thought it might be a little bit more comfortable. Thanks in advance  Smile

[attachment=32774]

RE: New member - OSCAR results from first full night - Melman - 06-09-2021

Welcome to the forum. You are off to a good start. Numbers look good. It appears you still have ram on. A higher minimum pressure may be helpful. Note that the pressure jumps to 10 or more almost immediately and stays elevated. I suggest a minimum of 9 which may sound high but isn't. It may improve your already good AHI. Your im the range where the important consideration is how you feel.

RE: New member - OSCAR results from first full night - bkersey129 - 06-09-2021

Thanks for the reply! I thought I turned ram off but maybe I didn't do it right. I've seen a lot of users on this site recommending to turn it off so I'll try it again. 

Also, should I adjust the pressure range (right now it's 6-20) based off of last night's data or wait until I have more data to analyze?

RE: New member - OSCAR results from first full night - clownbell - 06-10-2021

When you are a brand new user, you have a lot of "stuff" to get used to early on. I would give it a few nights, maybe a week, to get used to having things on your face. That said, I find the N30 MUCH more comfortable than N20. The N20 has a CO2 strong exhaust which shoots straight at your bed partner. The N30 does not exhaust the same way, much improved over N20.

RE: New member - OSCAR results from first full night - ICEMAN - 06-10-2021

What the !, some would just dream of your Numbers,   to easy for you. Doing fantastic, from my view

RE: New member - OSCAR results from first full night - bkersey129 - 06-14-2021

(06-10-2021, 11:46 PM)ICEMAN Wrote: What the !, some would just dream of your Numbers,   to easy for you. Doing fantastic, from my view

Thank you! Happy to hear my numbers look good!

I received the Airfit F30i mask yesterday and tried it out last night. Wow what a difference! Much more comfortable for side sleeping than the F20! I'll post some numbers after a few nights of use.