Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto (/Thread-Need-help-moving-settings-from-Dreamstation-auto-bilevel-to-Vauto)

Pages: 1 2

Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto - Elgeeone - 06-16-2021

Hi all, thanks for the information on the recall, no one else has good information. I posted that my husband got no help from the VA about his Dreamstation Auto bipap, and had no rx. I called supplier 2 (kudos, awesome customer service) and bought an open box new Resmed VAuto. It’s now here, unlocked and I know how to set it, since I use one. The problem is in transferring his old settings to the new vauto. His old had settings of min ps4 and max ps8. I have never seen an option like that on the vauto, just one ps setting. I went with 4 on the vauto, is that correct? I also ran his old card through oscar and he is averaging 5-6 clear airway events as his AHI. He shows no OSA (cervical collar works), just centrals. He was initially diagnosed with mixed, primarily central apnea and possible Cheyne-Stokes. I am wondering if there are better settings for him? Different machine? They had him at 8-20. I saw his highest pressure was almost 16, so I set him at 8-18 for a trial tonight.  

For you veterans, the VA stops looking at any of your data after 1 year of use, so don’t expect support. I can’t register the Resmed with them as they won’t pay for Resmed’s software (or wouldn’t when he got his Dreamstation) so I can use your help once I have some OSCAR data for you. 

Open to all suggestions re his changeover. 

Again, highly recommend Supplier 2 especially if you don’t have an rx. Ordered it yesterday AM, got it this afternoon. 

Thanks!

RE: Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto - SarcasticDave94 - 06-16-2021

It's possible that you're dealing with pre-existing Central Apnea but only a detailed diagnostic sleep study report would tell us this. I'm not saying that's in any way definite, but that there's only Centrals showing indicates this is a maybe.

I would try that PS of 4, as the VAuto doesn't have PS Min and Max that I'm aware of. And with the CA events, you'll not want a high PS anyway.

It's not the first time a doctor messed up PAP therapy settings. Sometimes they get them OK and others they're really botched. Ditto for machine and diagnosis.

Post a standard OSCAR shot via F12 on a Windows PC. We need to see a Daily chart.

RE: Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto - SarcasticDave94 - 06-16-2021

PS tell us what the old PAP, DreamStation DSXxxxx on the bottom or rear ID sticker states as model.

RE: Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto - staceyburke - 06-16-2021

If he has centrals you will want to set the trigger to high. It helps to control CA. 

Your inhale pressure is the min+ps, your exhale pressure is the min. 

The max is the highest the machine will go up to control apnea events. 

I have a VAUTO and think it is a great machine.

RE: Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto - Elgeeone - 06-16-2021

(06-16-2021, 09:37 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: PS tell us what the old PAP, DreamStation DSXxxxx on the bottom or rear ID sticker states as model.
It’s a DSX700H11C Dream Stn AutoBipap HUM Cell DOM. Will get the Oscar screenshot tomorrow. 
Thank you!

RE: Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto - Elgeeone - 06-16-2021

(06-16-2021, 09:50 PM)staceyburke Wrote: If he has centrals you will want to set the trigger to high. It helps to control CA. 

Your inhale pressure is the min+ps, your exhale pressure is the min. 

The max is the highest the machine will go up to control apnea events. 

I have a VAUTO and think it is a great machine.

I wondered about the trigger. Left those settings on the default medium for tonight. I think that seeing a night of Oscar with these settings will give a baseline of sorts. I also wanted his feedback after using it to help adjust settings with the different algorithm. 
Great idea, thanks! And I love my VAuto too!

OK thanks. That's Respironics Auto BPAP. Just making sure. And look forward to seeing an OSCAR shot.

RE: Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto - Gideon - 06-16-2021

Baseline first. PS=4.
Then evaluate. Then trigger= high and we can see if it makes a difference.

(06-16-2021, 10:12 PM)Gideon Wrote: Baseline first.  PS=4.
Then evaluate.  Then trigger= high and we can see if it makes a difference.

Will do. Thank you. I will post the screenshot on this thread.

RE: Need help moving settings from Dreamstation auto bilevel to Vauto - OpalRose - 06-17-2021

Note:  Neo2020 data post has been moved to a new thread here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-split-Neo2020-Therapy-thread