Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Dreamstation 2 - Sound Insulation Foam? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Dreamstation 2 - Sound Insulation Foam? (/Thread-Dreamstation-2-Sound-Insulation-Foam)

Pages: 1 2

Dreamstation 2 - Sound Insulation Foam? - upsman - 06-17-2021

Does anybody know if the Dreamstation 2, unaffected by the recall, has any type of foam sound insulation? Or any information on how the sound abatement works on the newer DreamStations?

I’m having a discussion with a “know-it-all” who is claiming the Dreamstation 2 is much safer to use than the ResMed machines because the ResMed uses foam sound insulation too. As we know, ResMed has stated their foam is different, of course. His assumption is that any foam used is suspect to the same issue Philips is experiencing.

RE: Dreamstation 2….Sound Insulation Foam? - Big Guy - 06-17-2021

I just watched a couple of videos on YouTube in regards to disassembling a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. No where in the videos did it say or show anything in regards to foam sound insulation. 

Not that I'm all that concerned, but I was a bit curious as to the sound insulation. I'm not aware of any issues or recalls in regards to the insulation. Just what is it about it that is concerning?  Unsure

RE: Dreamstation 2….Sound Insulation Foam? - SarcasticDave94 - 06-17-2021

Assuming will get one in trouble.

I'd rather trust ResMed over Respironics any day.

RE: Dreamstation 2….Sound Insulation Foam? - upsman - 06-17-2021

Agreed, Dave. 
I was just hoping to at least sound like I know what I’m talking about….somewhat. 

If the DS2 has foam insulation, even if it’s different, will nullify his argument.

Sounds right to me upsman. You should win this argument easily enough.

Big Guy, he’s claiming he would much rather use the DS2 than the ResMed because the ResMed still uses foam insulation. 

I’m pretty sure the DS2 will still have some type of foam insulation. He feels any foam will result in the Sam issue Philips is having.

Sadly Dave, I can’t find any definitive info on the DS 2 and it’s sound insulation.

Ahhh, now the plot thickens.

He’s going to remove the insulation from the DS2 to make it safer.

Where do these people come from?

Mars? So if the DS2 form is safer, according to this guy, why remove the foam?

Dave…. I have no words  Huhsign