Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR 2.0 Problem and Questions [correction - OSCAR 1.2.0] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR 2.0 Problem and Questions [correction - OSCAR 1.2.0] (/Thread-OSCAR-2-0-Problem-and-Questions-correction-OSCAR-1-2-0)

OSCAR 2.0 Problem and Questions [correction - OSCAR 1.2.0] - rumtap - 06-23-2021

I am using the Resmed Air Curve 10 ASV device.  I have encountered multiple Windows 10 Update problems on both desktop and laptop over recent months affecting both windows and some programs.  I have used Sleepyhead in the past but currently use OSCAR and ResScan 5.9.  The profile names set up are different for ResScan and OSCAR.   Recently OSCAR 1.0.1 was updated to v 2.0.  When OSCAR 2.0 was opened, the only profile name seen was that of ResScan without any data.  I then set up a new profile with the correct former OSCAR profile name, then imported all data from the SD card.  The Daily tab views and Overview tab views were checked and found to be identical to the Oscar, which is also installed on the desktop.  The Statistics tab shows correct CPAP Statistics, but the Changes to Machine Settings are very incomplete and with errors including a wrong Mode item with CPAP rather than ASV or ASVAuto and also with incorrect settings.  Can this be corrected by replacing the contents of the Resmed folder within the Oscar Profile folder on the desktop?   Or is there another procedure that is recommended?

My second question has to do with import of CMS 50F oximeter data.  For both Sleepyhead and Oscar 1.0.1, this has been imported from the current day’s file saved in the Virtual Store and also copied into the SpO2 program Data folder. Is there a procedure for downloading past SpO2 data into the  corresponding past date’s Oscar Daily data?  I’ve tried this in the past by having the corresponding prior date’s Oscar Daily view open, but I have not succeeded.  Instead the SpO2 and pulse data ends up in the current date’s Oscar Daily view.   I have searched past posts but have not found the above issues discussed.

Thanks much for any input.

RE: OSCAR 2.0 Problem and Questions - sawinglogz - 06-23-2021

Do you mean 1.2.0?

RE: OSCAR 2.0 Problem and Questions - Ratchick - 06-24-2021

I'm not sure about the profile issues, honestly. That may need someone with a little more expertise than I have.

With the CMS50F, you can simply use the Oximetry Wizard. If you have an earlier model pulse ox, you may be able to download the data directly from the device itself, otherwise, you can just import from the SpO2 files. It will give you the option to either use the time in the oximetry file, set the start time of both to that of the day's CPAP data (if you update that first) or set a custom start date and time. Just make sure to check the date as well as the time. That SHOULD work.

RE: OSCAR 2.0 Problem and Questions - rumtap - 06-24-2021

Yes.  Oscar 1.2.0

RE: OSCAR 2.0 Problem and Questions - GuyScharf - 06-24-2021

In your profile directory (usually Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiles/<your profilename>) you will see a file named rxchanges.cache. Delete that file and OSCAR will rebuild the Statistics page information. That should correct your mangled Machine Settings data.

I import the current oximeter data from the current SpO2 file into the Oscar current date without a problem.  I had no success when I tried to download past SpO2 files with the corresponding date’s Oscar Daily tab view open.  After reading Ratchick’s post, I took a closer look at the Oximeter Wizard Import page and see the calendar in upper left for designating the date of Oscar data.  I had completely overlooked this previously.  Duh!

Thanks for your reply Ratchick

I tried your suggestion GuyScharf, but it didn’t work.  My laptop has 2 drives, a C system drive and a D data drive.   Oscar_Data is set up on the D data drive so that may explain why it didn’t work.  So I copied the rxchanges.cache file from Sleepyhead and after deleting the file from the Oscar profile, the Sleepyhead rxchanges.cache was pasted into the Oscar profile.  And that did the trick. 

Thank you very much GuyScharf.  The apneaboard rocks!  Appreciate all!

RE: OSCAR 2.0 Problem and Questions - Ratchick - 06-24-2021

No worries, glad that helped with the SpO2 Smile

RE: OSCAR 2.0 Problem and Questions - GuyScharf - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 09:12 AM)rumtap Wrote: I tried your suggestion GuyScharf, but it didn’t work.  My laptop has 2 drives, a C system drive and a D data drive.   Oscar_Data is set up on the D data drive so that may explain why it didn’t work.  So I copied the rxchanges.cache file from Sleepyhead and after deleting the file from the Oscar profile, the Sleepyhead rxchanges.cache was pasted into the Oscar profile.  And that did the trick. 

The rxchanges.cache that you needed to delete was the one in the profile directory that you were using. If your profile is on the D: drive, that was the one to delete.

Copying the rxchanges.cache file from Sleepyhead to OSCAR is dangerous. Hopefully, OSCAR just recognized the file as having an obsolete format and rebuilt it.