Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Strange Oscar Behavior - What Happened to All My Data? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Strange Oscar Behavior - What Happened to All My Data? (/Thread-Strange-Oscar-Behavior-What-Happened-to-All-My-Data)

Strange Oscar Behavior - What Happened to All My Data? - jtardo - 06-26-2021

This morning, like any other, I started Windows. Then I took out my SD card, moved the slider to the locked position as usual, inserted it in the SD slot, and started Oscar.

All I got was a blank window, but eventually it displayed the main screen with my profile. But when I went to import from the SD card it acted very differently from in the past. In fact, it wanted me to create my profile as though it had lost everything. And I am afraid it did, because not only that, there is no Oscar data folder in my documents.

Am I totally toast or is there something I can do? I had over five years of detailed data.

Note the card only has a couple of days on it. Two days ago the ResMed "grey screened" but it went away before I could grab my glasses. This was very unusual, and I suspect it reformatted the card or something.

But why would something like that cause Oscar to lose all my history?

RE: Strange Oscar Behavior - What Happened to All My Data? - Crimson Nape - 06-26-2021

First validate where you OSCAR_Data directory is located. It should be a sudirectory under you Documents directory. Now start OSCAR, got to the Help > About OSCAR. On the right should be a link named, "Show data location", or something to that affect. Click on it and see if it matches where your directory is located.

Once you have done that please report back here.

RE: Strange Oscar Behavior - What Happened to All My Data? - jtardo - 06-26-2021

Thanks, I found it. I must have defined OSCAR(CPAP Data) in a non-standard location when I installed it. It is in a directory that I always backup.

OSCAR did not know where to find the SD card, I had to tell it and successfully imported the last couple of days.

I know it keeps backups, is there a way that I can access my older detailed data?

RE: Strange Oscar Behavior - What Happened to All My Data? - Crimson Nape - 06-26-2021

Yes! Your backed up data files are located in the OSCAR_Data/Profiles/Your User Name/CPAP Name_Serial Number/Backup. OSCAR stores the raw data in a format that looks like your SD card. The only difference is OSCAR adds an additional directory under the DATALOG directory for the year.

- Red

RE: Strange Oscar Behavior - What Happened to All My Data? - jtardo - 06-26-2021

It looks like the events data are all there under the profile directory, as is the "machine." But according to the debug log (attached, I think) there is no "machine" - it created a new "machine" directory in the profiles directory. 

Any suggestions how to recover?