Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] I want my Dreamstation back - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] I want my Dreamstation back (/Thread-CPAP-I-want-my-Dreamstation-back)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I want my Dreamstation back - sallym - 06-27-2021

Because of the Philips recall I bought a "gently used" RedMed Airsense 10 Autoset ... used it last night for the first time.  It seems ok but what I don't like is the sleep report where all I see is the length of time and 2 smiley faces saying that the humidifier and mask were working ok.  I did check how to access the clinician settings but I'd rather not have to go in there just to see the previous night statistics.I couldn't see a way to add anything to the user sleep report.  I tried setting up the ResMed MyAir app but it removed my device saying it was previously registered to a provider so I can't use that serial number.  I do have an SD card that I can download info from but it was so nice the way the Philips easily displayed the 1- 7- and 30 day stats each day.  Am I missing something or is there no easier way to at least see the previous night's info?  Thanks.

RE: I want my Dreamstation back - Dog Slobber - 06-27-2021

If you change the Essentials option in Clinician mode from On to Plus, you will get more information on the Sleep Report screen.

RE: I want my Dreamstation back - OpalRose - 06-27-2021

In the Provider menu, make this change:

Go to Options > Essentials > Be sure Plus is checked.

RE: I want my Dreamstation back - sallym - 06-27-2021

Thanks

Thanks

RE: I want my Dreamstation back - Big Guy - 06-27-2021

I just checked mine, and it's on "plus".  Thanks

RE: I want my Dreamstation back - Gideon - 06-27-2021

If you post a daily screenshot from OSCAR I'm sure we can help you dial it in and optimize your therapy. A range of 4-anything usually means your therapy can be improved.

RE: I want my Dreamstation back - sallym - 06-28-2021

I had been using Oscar for the Dreamstation and just downloaded the 2 night usage from the S10... 

Huhsign
Thanks so much for that offer... I've only run the new machine for 2 nights and both nights my AHI was less than 1.... 0.63 and 0.00 (the 0.00 makes me a bit suspicious.  With my Philips machines I was running between 1 and 2 most of the time.

I do have one major question though... with the Dream Station and the System One before that my 95% pressure was about 9 on average... the 2 nights I've used the S10 it's been over 15!  Does it make sense that it would be that different?  

I sure hope Philips figures out a way to repair/replace their machines.  I hadn't even finished paying for mine yet. :-).

Thanks for any input you may have about the 95% pressure.  I was kind of shocked to see such high numbers.

RE: I want my Dreamstation back - SarcasticDave94 - 06-28-2021

I think both parts of your concern make sense and can be explained like this: ResMed acts faster than a typical Respironics in most cases. That can account for the lower reported AHI events, as the ResMed went to combat mode faster, it tackled more events and scored a better AHI. Second, also due in part to faster action, but also ResMed keys on flow limits to increase pressure. It could be that your FL is high, and the ResMed increased pressure more to again enter combat mode and stayed higher to get the job done.

RE: I want my Dreamstation back - sallym - 06-28-2021

Thanks... I guess I need to read up on flow limits as I don't really know what the significance of that is.  But I'm glad to know this doesn't sound totally off the wall to someone!  Appreciate your reply.

RE: I want my Dreamstation back - SarcasticDave94 - 06-28-2021

You're welcome. Keep at the therapy and it'll pay off.