Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] OSCAR seeting up secod profile - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] OSCAR seeting up secod profile (/Thread-CPAP-OSCAR-seeting-up-secod-profile)

OSCAR seeting up secod profile - chris mdp - 07-04-2021

[attachment=33457][attachment=33457]
Good Afternoon,

Firstly my sincerely appreciation to the community for it's continual development to OSCAR for CPAP users. Much appreciate.
I do hope all in the community remains safe and well during these unfortunate times.

I need some assistance with OSCAR. I need to set a second profile (another user at home) and need to move all "file to a shared external folder
". Previously on Sleephead I could do just that (see attached jpg). And when I switch to OSCAR, I had no need to do so (one 1 user). Now situations has changed and we need the 2 user on 1 computer.

Would appreciate direction on how to do it. I tried searching but no success.

Thank You
Chris

RE: OSCAR seeting up secod profile - chris mdp - 07-04-2021

First Part of creating second profile solved. Idiotic of me not to realise there is profile button on the right top. My apologies

Chris

RE: OSCAR seeting up secod profile - Crimson Nape - 07-05-2021

You failed to mention which OS you are using.  Basically, each OS has a different command instruction set to relocate the data directory.  

- Red

RE: OSCAR seeting up secod profile - chris mdp - 07-05-2021

Hi Crimson

Sorry, I am using Mac OS 10.13

Chris

RE: OSCAR seeting up secod profile - Crimson Nape - 07-05-2021

OK, to change it on a Mac,
In a Mac terminal, type: open -a OSCAR.app --args --datadir New-OSCAR_Data-Directory-Location
Press: <ENTER>

RE: OSCAR seeting up secod profile - chris mdp - 07-07-2021

I screwed up big time.. I had to move data to NAS. Computer HD was dying. I found all my files and moved them accordingly. Then wipe out old MAC 10.13 laptop and had new SSD installed. Here where I screwed up. I switched from Sleepyhead to OSCAR some year plus ago. But with sleepyhead I could just select " different folder " and have all data pulled over.
I just can't/ don't know how to do that with OSCAR. Because it is clean installation I have to setup new profile {even that I cannot say where I want the new folder to reside}. Once a new profile is setup I cannot bring in my old OSCAR data [which is my most up to date one]. Help and direction really needed. I've been at this for couple days now.

RE: OSCAR seeting up secod profile - Crimson Nape - 07-07-2021

To set the data directory location on a Mac, open a terminal window and type,
open -a OSCAR.app --args --datadir ThePathToMyNAS_Drive/OSCAR_Data

Replace the "ThePathToMyNAS_Drive", with the actual path to the OSCAR data file location.

EDIT: I just went back and reread your post.  I evidently misunderstood your problem.  Are you saying that you are unable to copy your existing data to its new location? If so, then it sounds like you don't have your permission settings incorrect.

RE: OSCAR seeting up secod profile - chris mdp - 07-07-2021

Thank You Crimson ,

I've managed to resolve the issue. Phew!