Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Normal Snoring - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Normal Snoring (/Thread-Normal-Snoring)

Pages: 1 2

Normal Snoring - lesdavdel - 03-08-2012

My wife is starting to be bothered by my snoring which I don't think is the sleep apnea type. I am aware I am doing it and I don't think I actually stop breathing.

I have been diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea. Is "normal snoring" a problem even when the CPAP is preventing sleep apnea?

RE: Normal Snoring - greatunclebill - 03-08-2012

(03-08-2012, 08:24 AM)lesdavdel Wrote: My wife is starting to be bothered by my snoring which I don't think is the sleep apnea type. I am aware I am doing it and I don't think I actually stop breathing.

I have been diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea. Is "normal snoring" a problem even when the CPAP is preventing sleep apnea?

welcome to the forum.

yes people snore with the cpap. i don't know what to do about it or to differentiate normal or apnea snoring. i didn't know there was a difference.

you do stop breathing at least an average of 5 times each hour. 5 is the cutoff for getting or not getting a cpap.

RE: Normal Snoring - archangle - 03-08-2012

What model of CPAP do you have? It should say "REMstar blahblah" near the display. What does it say there?

If you were given a good CPAP, you can check your data to see if your snoring is causing problems.

RE: Normal Snoring - zonk - 03-08-2012

Snoring is not normal with CPAP, sometimes mask fart mistaken as snoring.
Try turn ramp and FLEX off (if using) probably not required at your pressure (6) see if can make it any better.
If you really snore and no leakage then something isn't right see your doctor may be pressure need adjustment.

RE: Normal Snoring - SuperSleeper - 03-08-2012

(03-08-2012, 02:12 PM)zonk Wrote: Snoring is not normal with CPAP, sometimes mask fart mistaken as snoring.

Too-funny Dielaughing

Never heard that medical term before. GoodOne

RE: Normal Snoring - greatunclebill - 03-08-2012

(03-08-2012, 02:12 PM)zonk Wrote: Snoring is not normal with CPAP, sometimes mask fart mistaken as snoring.
Try turn ramp and FLEX off (if using) probably not required at your pressure (6) see if can make it any better.
If you really snore and no leakage then something isn't right see your doctor may be pressure need adjustment.

sleepyhead has a graph for snoring. we both see where we have done some (not alot of) snoring on the graph. i have heard my wife lightly snoring at times.

last night hers said snoring 95% and max 1.00. the graph showed 7 episodes at 1.00.

last night mine said max 2.74. the graph shows one episode at 1.00 and one episode at 4.00.

what does this really mean? how much is too much? is there an acceptable level or is any snore at all not normal?

RE: Normal Snoring - zonk - 03-08-2012

(03-08-2012, 02:27 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:

sleepyhead has a graph for snoring. we both see where we have done some (not alot of) snoring on the graph. i have heard my wife lightly snoring at times.

last night hers said snoring 95% and max 1.00. the graph showed 7 episodes at 1.00.

last night mine said max 2.74. the graph shows one episode at 1.00 and one episode at 4.00.

what does this really mean? how much is too much? is there an acceptable level or is any snore at all not normal?
Normal when don,t get bruises on my back and that is better marker than SH snoring graph.

RE: Normal Snoring - lesdavdel - 03-08-2012

(03-08-2012, 01:39 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(03-08-2012, 08:24 AM)lesdavdel Wrote: My wife is starting to be bothered by my snoring which I don't think is the sleep apnea type. I am aware I am doing it and I don't think I actually stop breathing.

welcome to the forum.

yes people snore with the cpap. i don't know what to do about it or to differentiate normal or apnea snoring. i didn't know there was a difference.

you do stop breathing at least an average of 5 times each hour. 5 is the cutoff for getting or not getting a cpap.

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of the snoring as I wake up and don't think I am stopping breathing. I have been on a CPAP for 6 years. I just got a full face mask and will try that. Also, I will tweak the pressure up a bit.

RE: Normal Snoring - lesdavdel - 03-08-2012

(03-08-2012, 02:24 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:

Too-funny Dielaughing

No. I have had a CPAP for 6 years, so I know a little about it. I think there is a difference. A lot of people snore and they don't have sleep apnea.

I am snoring loud enough to bother my wife and I don't think I have breathing interruptions. I just don't know if upping the pressure will help "normal snoring". I think I am going to go ahead and try it at 7 and switch over to a full face mask.

Fall back is getting my wife some ear plugs!

RE: Normal Snoring - Cutter - 03-08-2012

(03-08-2012, 02:24 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:

Too-funny Dielaughing

I think that the actual medical term is mask flatulence. Maybe you have heard of that term.