Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Cluster CAs Just Started - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Cluster CAs Just Started (/Thread-Cluster-CAs-Just-Started)

Cluster CAs Just Started - Foofit - 07-10-2021

I started CPAP therapy about 10 months ago and the results have been incredible.  I was dialed in at min 14.6 pressure with an EPR of 3 and a max pressure of 20 (but always hovered around 15 for my average pressure).  My AHIs were down to <1.  However, I am now 4 months pregnant and have begun sleeping on my side (always a back sleeper before).  This has started a new trend of clustered central apneas that cause me to wake up gasping for air and feeling like I'm choking.  I have posted last night's sleep results, which caused me to give up and get out of bed despite being exhausted.  Is there anything I can do to fix these events?

RE: Cluster CAs Just Started - Gideon - 07-10-2021

I'd like to see a close up of those clusters, a 3-minute view.
My guess is that those are really positional Obstructive driven resulting from your sleeping position change. A bit unusual to show as central apnea.
If true a soft cervical collar to keep your chin from tucking to your chest. Read the wiki in my signature on the collars.

Please post the details, the close up so we can see the character of your breathing there first.

RE: Cluster CAs Just Started - Foofit - 07-10-2021

Here is a 3-minute view (I think! Let me know if this doesn't help).

I just realized I provided a 9-minute view.  HERE is the 3-minute view (I think).

RE: Cluster CAs Just Started - SarcasticDave94 - 07-10-2021

This is my wild out of nowhere idea, since the bulk of the CA are in fragmented sleep at the far right of the chart, as in several short sessions, and that probably sleep was disturbed anyway with changing sleep positions, maybe this falls into SWJ, sleep wake junk. SWJ is caused by irregular breath patterns from handoff between wake and sleep breath control.

RE: Cluster CAs Just Started - Foofit - 07-11-2021

Thanks, Dave. After doing a bit of research on what SWJ is, I think you may be right! Is there anything that can be done to cut down on it? I’m finding my sleep has become very disturbed once this pattern starts, and with all of the weird breathing, I can’t seem to get *back* to sleep, even if I need a few more hours to be rested.

RE: Cluster CAs Just Started - ICEMAN - 07-18-2021

Only a outside stab at guess but it that time around dawn and may get restless toss turning, may have to possibly try some sleep hygiene, routine, was times tossing turning, one time given advice, should be like the Army up at dawn and straight up out bed not fight trying get more sleep ? but then need try then go bed earlier sleep that night " obviously if is option unless prevented by shift work or whatever !  As is more quick simplicity bubble thought, won't offended if just ignore find other suitable solution. Also with name like footfit could get up and go for walk that will help tiered out for next full night sleep, Sleep Hygiene but often easier said than done.