Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
MYAIR TIME CALCULATION? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: MYAIR TIME CALCULATION? (/Thread-MYAIR-TIME-CALCULATION)

MYAIR TIME CALCULATION? - srlevine1 - 07-12-2021

It appears, at least to me, that the myAir algorithm has been changed and calculates the total sleep time differently.

I go to bed extremely early in the morning and sleep 3hrs past 12:00 p for a total of 8-9 hrs. Now I am only seeing the fewer hours past 12:00p are being recorded for the day. 
Has anyone else noticed this change? It appears that past usage has been recalculated.

Thanks.

RE: MYAIR TIME CALCULATION? - Boxermum - 07-12-2021

I thought resmed timing was from midday to midday so if you sleep after midday then those hours will be on the next days stats. Not sure if you can change that. I am sure there will be someone with more knowledge than me along soon.

RE: MYAIR TIME CALCULATION? - srlevine1 - 07-12-2021

I don't care either way, but it seems to be dumping data.
If I go to bed at 7a and sleep to 3, I would see the 7-12 session on the previous day and a 3hr session on the current day for a total of 8hrs.
Then the next day I would see the 3 hrs from 12-3 added to the next 7-12 for another 8hr with 3hrs credited to the next period and so on...

What I am seeing is ONLY the 3hrs being displayed on the myAir data display. Both ResScan and Oscar show 8 hrs.

I don't care how they do it... Just as long as the display shows 8 hrs per day and not 3 hrs.

I think it might be a screw-up in their calculations and was wondering if anyone else noticed. 

This is important for compliance purposes and to provide a full picture on the professional AirView side.

RE: MYAIR TIME CALCULATION? - Crimson Nape - 07-12-2021

Have you tried setting your CPAP clock back 3 hours or more? The "or more" is a fudge factor for the day change, and you sleep a little later.

- Red

I like to keep actual dates and times for medical records, but thanks for the hack. Our Oscar developers seem to know more than those supporting myAir.

RE: MYAIR TIME CALCULATION? - Rcgop - 07-12-2021

MyAir did a system maintenance and screwed up something. Some of the history for me disappeared. I think the calculations are for the same period but I have to go back a day to get last night data. Also some historical data is missing.

Rcgop

Ran a ResScan report and compared it to the myAir data -- and they screwed up their system.

Thanks

RE: MYAIR TIME CALCULATION? - Atsc3 - 07-12-2021

(07-12-2021, 06:54 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: Rcgop

Ran a ResScan report and compared it to the myAir data -- and they screwed up their system.

Thanks

Yes they did mess it up. I posted what I discovered shortly after their system came back Saturday into Sunday. I got a couple of replies about not using MyAir. While I don't disagree that I get more - and more accurate - data from OSCAR, Sleepyhead, etc, the necessity of MyAir at least logging my use revolves around the fact that I just got this machine as a replacement for a 6 year old S9, which was a replacement for a 9 year old something else I don't remember the name of. So, I've been at this for a while. 

Because of the insurance paying - actually Lincare playing the rent game, MyAir or the clinical cousin has to show that I'm using the machine. Due to them messing with their system, so far MyAir shows an hour Thursday - the 10AM playing with the machine on Friday - 0 use for Friday into Saturday - first night of use. OSCAR shows 5:24. New machine, new mask and headgear, so some leaks I had to deal with. AHI for Friday was 5.13, Saturday was 6:48 with an AHI of 3.82. MyAir shows 4:05. Fortunately, I put an SD card in the machine on Friday night since Lincare must have "lost" it. From reading here, I expected that. But, I have the necessary evidence in case Resmed doesn't fix MyAir. 

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Resmed-MyAir-site-may-be-offsetting-dates-for-data

RE: MYAIR TIME CALCULATION? - srlevine1 - 07-22-2021

ResMed's team just acknowledged the error...

Quote:[Image: servlet.ImageServer?id=01540000001D8QR&o...0000008oAA]

Hello,

Thank you for contacting myAir Support.

ResMed recently migrated our myAir data to a new service that will enhance functionality and reliability, but a few patients are missing data for a random number of days. We are sorry for this unexpected consequence. The issue has been escalated to our software development team, and we're hoping that it will be resolved presently.

The master record of your sleep data at your home medical equipment provider is complete and up-to-date.

Regards,

Your MyAir Support Team