Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
oscar cuts short my cpap hours - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: oscar cuts short my cpap hours (/Thread-oscar-cuts-short-my-cpap-hours)

Pages: 1 2

oscar cuts short my cpap hours - hegel - 07-15-2021

I often get into bed with a book in the afternoon and read/nap with my cpap on. Then many hours later I'll get into bed for the night. Oscar always reports my usage for a day as being just over 4 hours, and seems to cut short my real, night session. In fact I always sleep for ~8 hours including my 40 minute read/nap time. 

I also have Myair and they report my total usage time per day accurately.

What am I doing wrong/ can I fix this?

merci,
--jeff

RE: oscar cuts short my cpcp hours - OpalRose - 07-15-2021

Check on the daily page of OSCAR, left side bar at the bottom.  Are all the sessions on?

Post a chart, we may be able to tell what's going on.

RE: oscar cuts short my cpcp hours - Atsc3 - 07-15-2021

(07-15-2021, 10:14 AM)hegel Wrote: I often get into bed with a book in the afternoon and read/nap with my cpap on. Then many hours later I'll get into bed for the night. Oscar always reports my usage for a day as being just over 4 hours, and seems to cut short my real, night session. In fact I always sleep for ~8 hours including my 40 minute read/nap time. 

I also have Myair and they report my total usage time per day accurately.

What am I doing wrong/ can I fix this?

merci,
--jeff

Verify that the time in your machine is set correctly - that is, at 3:00 PM PDT, the machine says 15:00 and not 3:00. Simple way to tell without even going into program mode is to use your machine for a couple of minutes. Stop it, wait for the light for the SD card to stop flashing, and look at the timestamp on the most recent files in the datalog directory for the most recent date. They should match your computer / real time - within reason.

RE: oscar cuts short my cpcp hours - hegel - 07-15-2021

well, in trying to learn how to psot a screen shot I did something and now the full 8 ish hours are posting--and a wider view of the results are showing. I'm a bit of a luddite. Anyway the ptroblem seems solved for now!

RE: oscar cuts short my cpcp hours - hegel - 07-15-2021

Date
Start
End
Hours
7/14/2021
16:54:32
04:35:52
04:22:03

I'm not having any luck attaching my report. Above shows the hours of my daily report. This is what comes up when I check it in the morning. But I've actually slept for eight hours, as confirmed by MyAir. 

I will read/nap for less than an hour in the afternoon. Then often I will be up for 45 minutes at 3 or 4 in the morning. And then I go back to bed. it all adds up to 8 ish hours. Maybe Oscar is confused by my tri partite sleep schedule?:

Except: as mentioned, the full 8 hours is subsequently acknowledged by the overview panel. Do I have to wait a day to get the whole previous three part sleep for a 24 hour period?

RE: oscar cuts short my cpcp hours - Crimson Nape - 07-15-2021

Try pressing the F12 key while viewing your Daily screen for a proper screenshot. If you need help, please review the links in my signature.

RE: oscar cuts short my cpap hours - hegel - 07-15-2021

when I go to my daily screen, yesterday's hours show as 4:22. But as I go back a day and then beyond, the full eight hours show. I imagine that tomorrow, todays report will be for the full 8 hours. but day by day, in the morning, I only get 4 plus hours of report.

How do I match Oscar hours to my hours? that is, I'[m on the west coast of the U.S, and Oscar is out of sync with that. I bet this is the problem.

hitting f12 didn't help.

RE: oscar cuts short my cpap hours - Crimson Nape - 07-15-2021

A Resmed's day is noon to noon.  If you need to set the CPAP time so all the sessions you want in a day fall between these times. Also, if you try to go back in time, where data exists, it will not allow that. You either need to wait, or format your SD card.

RE: oscar cuts short my cpap hours - hegel - 07-15-2021

Thanks, Crimson Nape! that helps a lot...

Altho...I never nap before noon and I'm always up by 7 thirty the next morning. I'm a bit slow, but it seems that that's within a noon to noon range...? Oscar recordings begin at 17:00 and end at 4:20. If this is military time, that's 5 pm (I never sleep then) and, what, 4 20 am? I do sometimes get up then, for personal reasons, and then go back to bed 40 minutes later.

Is Oscar's noon different from my noon? I still think this is the issue? Or wait: is my machine's noon different from my noon?

RE: oscar cuts short my cpap hours - Crimson Nape - 07-15-2021

What is the time and date set to on your Resmed?