Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed 10 Blows little air when off? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed 10 Blows little air when off? (/Thread-Resmed-10-Blows-little-air-when-off)

Resmed 10 Blows little air when off? - dbcooper - 07-19-2021

First off thanks to make this a great resource. Been lurking and reading here the past 6 months with the start of my CPAP, learned lots.

Therapy has been working great, took to it without much fan fair. 

One of the lucky ones who is the middle of the Phillips recall, today I pick up a 800hour used Resmed Auto 10. 

One thing I noticed (don't recall the Phillips doing this), when you shutoff the machine its still pumps a very little bit of air, is that normal?

I can see where that would keep everything "fresh" and "dry" maybe, is that the thought behind this or did I get a dud?  

I tried to search for a like topic and came up blank, if someone can point me to a similar thread that would be great too.

Thanks all,

DB

RE: Resmed 10 Blows little air when off? - jlfinkels - 07-19-2021

It blows air for a while after turning it off to help dry out the tube and mask. Totally normal.

RE: Resmed 10 Blows little air when off? - OpalRose - 07-19-2021

You're exactly right... the air will flow for a short period of time.  This is a cool down period.  
I usually keep my mask attached during this time.

The link for ordering a clinicians manual for your A10 here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

Welcome to Apnea Board!

RE: Resmed 10 Blows little air when off? - dbcooper - 07-19-2021

I thank you both, will see how the first night goes!

DB

RE: Resmed 10 Blows little air when off? - SarcasticDave94 - 07-19-2021

The cool down time will have a snowflake in the display. It'll last about 20 minutes.

RE: Resmed 10 Blows little air when off? - dbcooper - 07-19-2021

Thanks Dave, need my readers to see anything on those little displays Grin

RE: Resmed 10 Blows little air when off? - clownbell - 07-20-2021

Not to hijack the thread, but two points of clarification.

#1 - Poster dbcooper is probably not THE infamous D. B. Cooper who in 1971 hijacked a Boeing 727 for a $200,000 ransom and then disappeared after parachuting out of a plane. This is the only unsolved commercial airplane hijacking. The FBI has effectively abandoned the search for Cooper, who would now be about 95 years old if living. I doubt that we have him here on this site. Smile

#2 - When SarcasticDave mentions a "snowflake," he is not referring to the millennial generation said to be easily offended, attention-seeking and lacking resilience. Dave is referring to the snowflake icon appearing on the PAP machine's screen. Smile

Just a little humor to brighten your day.

RE: Resmed 10 Blows little air when off? - dbcooper - 07-21-2021

(07-20-2021, 07:19 PM)clownbell Wrote: Not to hijack the thread, but two points of clarification.

#1 - Poster dbcooper is probably not THE infamous D. B. Cooper who in 1971 hijacked a Boeing 727 for a $200,000 ransom and then disappeared after parachuting out of a plane. This is the only unsolved commercial airplane hijacking. The FBI has effectively abandoned the search for Cooper, who would now be about 95 years old if living. I doubt that we have him here on this site.     Smile    

#2 - When SarcasticDave mentions a "snowflake," he is not referring to the millennial generation said to be easily offended, attention-seeking and lacking resilience. Dave is referring to the snowflake icon appearing on the PAP machine's screen.   Smile

Just a little humor to brighten your day.

DB Cooper is one of my favorite stories/unsolved mysteries!