Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing (/Thread-BiPAP-ST-to-ASV-Optimizing)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - fikus56 - 08-29-2021

last night was better.

default settings. 

AHI of 1.47

Slept about 7 hours and 50 minutes.  Woke up at 6 which is about an hour earlier than normal then just sort of laid there for a little while.  I can see on the chart there are some apneas around that 6am time so perhaps that is what jolted me awake. 

Anyways, I got the mask in order a little better and had less leaks and feel great this morning.

RE: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - fikus56 - 09-06-2021

still working at it.  Trying to keep the leaks down.  Here is last nights data - 9 hours sleep, no meds.

RE: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - SarcasticDave94 - 09-06-2021

How do you feel after this session?

I believe there's some clustering of positional Apnea effects going on there that the collar can clean up. Every few hours these crop up.

RE: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - fikus56 - 09-06-2021

initially I felt pretty good but ran out of energy mid morning despite having a higher than normal amount of caffeine plus exercise .

I will try the collar tonight and see if that helps.

RE: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - Sleeprider - 09-06-2021

I agree the pattern suggests chin-tucking.

RE: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - fikus56 - 09-07-2021

Forgot to put the ssd card back in the machine last night.

Got a 2.0 AHI and while I woke up a few times , I’m feeling pretty good this morning. Put the card in, will get the chart tomorrow and post it.

RE: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - fikus56 - 09-08-2021

OK here is last night with the collar. 

Looks a bit better. 

Although - I woke up numerous times between the hours of 3 and 5 am.  Like at least 10 times.  not sure what that was all about.  I had loads of energy yesterday and sometimes when that happens I have a hard time staying asleep. 

Surprisingly though, I feel fairly good today. 

The collar was pretty annoying, maybe I had it on too tight.  Any recommendations there would be helpful.

I took the collar off at 5am then woke up at about 730am. 

Any ideas what to do about the hypopnea?

RE: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - Sleeprider - 09-08-2021

Adapting and optimizing a collar is something that takes time. We generally see immediate improvement, then gradually as the fit and comfort come around, a further improvement. Your initial improvement is on the order of a 75% reduction in events. Not bad! Now to make the adjustment that make this tool more comfortable and effective.

RE: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - fikus56 - 09-08-2021

Thank you - I’ll try to make it a bit more comfortable tonight

RE: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - fikus56 - 09-09-2021

another night with the collar. 

Scores look good, I feel pretty good today surprisingly bc of all the wake ups. 

Woke up several times though and was awake for a lot of the night.  Not sure what's going on there but at least I feel good during the day and the events seem to be going down. 

Are there any more comfortable collars?  Maybe that's waking me up?  I tossed the thing around 5AM. 

I feel like an airplane neck pillow would be more comfortable and do the same thing?