Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing (/Thread-BiPAP-ST-to-ASV-Optimizing)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help - fikus56 - 08-24-2021

OK - just bought a refurb ASV for $1300 with overnight delivery...

My current Bipap settings are 16/10

What settings would you recommend that I tell the distributor to set my machine up to to start out?

RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help - SarcasticDave94 - 08-24-2021

Start at Titration default on this ASV.

ASV Auto mode
EPAP 4-15
PS 3-15

This is with the understanding you'll do a self Titration at home with OSCAR data and coaching from Apnea Board members.

ResMed's ASV Titration

[attachment=35054]

RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help - Sleeprider - 08-24-2021

Not sure if you got the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV, but this is the recommended titration protocol.  I have not followed your thread closely to know if EPAP should start higher, but most people find EPAP min 5.0, EPAP max 15.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 15.0 is a workable start from which we can optimize.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]

Thanks - My doctor did say that he wanted me to make sure my EPAP was higher, I think he said 10. He didnt actually include any specifics in the script.

We can work it up to Min 10 cmH2O in time. Don't jump into the deep end too soon. With the ASV, you'll have a bit of a learning curve as ASV is a very different animal than other PAP machines. By all means, titrate yourself up there on EPAP if you need it, but start at the bottom and only go up if your needs require it. Your comfort will thank you.

thanks y'all, had it set to the standard settings and it's being overnighted so i can start tomorrow.

Make sure you have the SD card in it and post an OSCAR after first night. Include details on how you slept, what was right or wrong. We'll help address these either through question and answer and setting suggestions.

RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help - Crimson Nape - 08-24-2021

I would also recommend that you check the time and date prior to its first use.

RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help - fikus56 - 08-25-2021

Ok received it today - no way to tell the total hours bc they reset it to zero. Anyways - overall seems like a decent machine - took a few pulls through the nasal pillows and it works fine.

Here are the settings that came on it .

I think epap is potentially high

Mode ASV
Epap - 9.8
Min PS - 3
Max ps 14.4
Ramp 25 min
Start epap 4