Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing (/Thread-BiPAP-ST-to-ASV-Optimizing)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help - Crimson Nape - 08-26-2021

fikus56 - Try using the Fn + F12 key combination to take a screenshot on a Mac. This will only display the OSCAR page and minimize the calendar. Minimizing the calendar allows others to see the detailed information below it.

RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help - Sleeprider - 08-26-2021

The last set of graphs was not useful. We generally want to see Events, Flow Rate, pressure or mask pressure, and minimize the monthly calendar.

RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help - SarcasticDave94 - 08-26-2021

For myself, I'd suggest a standard OSCAR shot, and detailed if requested.

By standard, I'm referring to Events, Flow Rate, Pressure (or mask pressure), and Leaks. With those 4, I did my titration on ASV. Flow Limits will likely be quite useless because the way ASV treats, there's most always some FL in most people.

Do standard not zoomed then we'll ask for others if needed.

RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help - fikus56 - 08-26-2021

Thanks for the tips - will get to this this evening

how about this?

You forgot to scroll back up the charts to show flow rate, pressure, and leak. But that look is OK, just scroll back up.

ok this should do it

Yep that's the standard view, for me anyway.

Biggest need I see is controlling leaks a bit better. The ASV dislikes leaks that get closer to 24, the ResMed redline for leaks. If you can adjust the mask, or some other mask edit like attention to size and fit, it would be better. My Max leak rate with the ASV once I made adjustments was 10. It took a while, but the ASV responded better at that leak rate.

It's also a probability the EPAP Min can go up a click or two for both comfort, so you don't feel air starved, and to address the Hypopnea. But first, how did you feel during and after this session?

RE: BiPAP ST - almost there - please help - Sleeprider - 08-26-2021

Increase EPAP min to 6.0, PS min 4.0, PS max 12.0 and lets take a look at the results. Watch the leaks.

If you like I will change the title of the thread to BiPAP ST to ASV - Optimizing.

I’ll do that sleeprider .

I use nasal pillows and chin strap plus mouth tape sometimes. The more the better for avoiding leaks. I’ll crank it all up today.

Feel free to change the title to that .

I woke up feeling noticeably good, like more parts of my brain were working if that makes sense.