Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Compliance question - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Compliance question (/Thread-Compliance-question--33319)

Pages: 1 2

Compliance question - E.W. - 07-23-2021

I just got a new Resmed Aircurve10 Vauto last friday so I get to start the dread 30 day complience thing for Medicare.
My Dr. is setup to use the modem and has already adjusted my presure once.  My question is when I go for an office 
visit is he likely to ask me to being the SD card in or just download data with the modem.

RE: Compliance question - cathyf - 07-23-2021

Hey if you've found a doctor who pays attention to more than the all-night average pressures and the all-night AHI then you've got yourself a keeper!

RE: Compliance question - SarcasticDave94 - 07-23-2021

Doc could have worked with your supplier to send ResMed the data over the cellular data card inside your PAP. There's fees involved for doc or DME, but not directly to you that I've ever heard of.

The easiest way for yourself and doc, is take your SD card in with you, after you've backed the data up on your PC. It would be good for you to replace sleepyhead with OSCAR so you can see very detailed sleep data yourself, in your home, whenever you want. Your SD card paired with OSCAR will give you screenshots to attach to posts here.

There's no modem in the ResMed VAuto.

RE: Compliance question - staceyburke - 07-23-2021

there is nothing to dread about compliance - 4 hours a night is all you have to do.  Your AHI has nothing to do with it.  You just need 4 hours a night, if you have to read a book with the machine on. - 4 hours -

RE: Compliance question - cathyf - 07-23-2021

(07-23-2021, 10:58 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: There's no modem in the ResMed VAuto.

Uh -- yes there is. Since I bought mine myself -- went rogue -- I kept mine in airplane mode the first couple of days, then after kibbitzing with folks here I turned the modem on and registered my machine with MyAir :-)

RE: Compliance question - Gideon - 07-23-2021

If you don't
have anyone to help you adjust to xPAP 1. therapy and optimize it so it isn't as disruptive
2. Or to. Help you with your comfort

Then you may have a compliance problem.

But you have us. To most of us here CPAP is something we just do. We don't think how long we use it because we use it because we never want to go back to the way it was before CPAP. We have Ben thru any problem you may come up against and we will help you thru it.

RE: Compliance question - SarcasticDave94 - 07-24-2021

cathyf

OK that's fine it's a whatever it is that transmits the PAP data via cellular.

RE: Compliance question - E.W. - 07-24-2021

Thanks for the info. I was being sarcastic using that " dread complience "
remark as in the past 14 years I have never used it less than 4 hrs a day.

RE: Compliance question - SarcasticDave94 - 07-24-2021

Your sarcasm must be well hidden to most of us. But agreed the dreaded compliance thing is a pain, but it's a choice, the pain of compliance or the pain of paying with cash.

RE: Compliance question - SideSleeper - 07-24-2021

If you had Medicare for your previous machine you may not have to go through the compliance. I didn't have to when I got my new machine after 5 years on the old one. My doctor did want to see me one time, but not the DME. My doctor is a real gem so it is fun to see him.