Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Sleep Lab Oxygen (Husband) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Sleep Lab Oxygen (Husband) (/Thread-Sleep-Lab-Oxygen-Husband)

Pages: 1 2

Sleep Lab Oxygen (Husband) - hookedonstitch - 08-08-2021

I finally convinced my Husband to go for a sleep test which was done last night.  I've been telling him for years that I can hear him stop breathing periodically while he was asleep.  It wasn't until I was diagnosed with OSA (Severe) earlier this year that I finally got him to listen to me, or he just got tired of hearing me nag (probably this).  Big Grin

Last night the sleep tech came in and told him his oxygen was dipping dangerously low and they put a mask on him.  Of course he didn't ask if it was CPAP or oxygen but it was a full face mask.  It's obvious he's going to have sleep apnea as well but could there be something else going on as well?

We get the results at the end of the month.

RE: Sleep Lab Oxygen (Husband) - OpalRose - 08-08-2021

hookedonstitch,
It sounds like they may have put a Cpap mask on him, but not sure...

He may end up needing supplemental oxygen along with Cpap, so be prepared to talk to his doctor about this.

Also, ask for a copy of the sleep report, not just the summary. You can then post it here for advice.

RE: Sleep Lab Oxygen (Husband) - hookedonstitch - 08-08-2021

He's explained it in more detail, he says the tech measured his face and the mask went over his nose and strapped to his head, so it sounds like CPAP.  I will make sure I am with him when he gets his results and post them here.  The tech said he had no option his oxygen was very low and his snoring was off the charts!

Thanks

RE: Sleep Lab Oxygen (Husband) - factor - 08-08-2021

(08-08-2021, 08:39 AM)hookedonstitch Wrote: I finally convinced my Husband to go for a sleep test which was done last night.  I've been telling him for years that I can hear him stop breathing periodically while he was asleep.  It wasn't until I was diagnosed with OSA (Severe) earlier this year that I finally got him to listen to me, or he just got tired of hearing me nag (probably this).  Big Grin

Last night the sleep tech came in and told him his oxygen was dipping dangerously low and they put a mask on him.  Of course he didn't ask if it was CPAP or oxygen but it was a full face mask.  It's obvious he's going to have sleep apnea as well but could there be something else going on as well?

We get the results at the end of the month.

Praise God he listened.  I am so glad you have him on the road to better health.  As you know we will be here for you and him. Sleep-well

RE: Sleep Lab Oxygen (Husband) - Gideon - 08-08-2021

Call your doc and get your appt moved up, why? Because his oxygen was so low the needed to get oxygen. That NEED didn't go away because he came home.

Also get a recording pulse oximeter to check overnight levels..

Make sure you get a full copy of the study, including the charts and tables

RE: Sleep Lab Oxygen (Husband) - OpalRose - 08-08-2021

Good idea to get a recording pulse oximeter to keep track of his levels until he can get on Cpap therapy.

Supported by OSCAR:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/OSCAR_supported_machines#Pulse_Oximeters

I'm glad he finally gave in and listened to me too!  Now we just have to wait.

Thanks Gideon, the results apparently take the Doctors 3 weeks to interpret here in Canada.  I will look into an oximeter while waiting.  I'm just hoping and praying the DME will have a ResMed machine for him.  I'm not taking a dreamstation or anything else.  

He's so thankful he has me to guide him down this road.  I'm so thankful for all of you to assist me because I'm still learning too.  I had a feeling he was worse than me.  I'm glad he finally went.

Thanks OpalRose, I will look for one from the list 
Thanks

I went into the CPAP Supplier list (I'm in Canada) and I can't find any of the listed pulse oximeters that will work with OSCAR. I'm on Amazon.ca looking but feeling a little bit lost, can someone point me in the right direction to find one for my husband?