Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Question: workaround for missing nose piece (ASAP) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Question: workaround for missing nose piece (ASAP) (/Thread-Question-workaround-for-missing-nose-piece-ASAP)

Question: workaround for missing nose piece (ASAP) - albertsmarowsky - 05-23-2013

Hey everyone, I've slowly been getting better with my CPAP, but, I made a stupid mistake this afternoon. Each week I spend Monday-Thursday at my grandparents' house, then meet my dad and spend the weekend with him. Well, this morning, I had taken the nose part off the frame of my mask so it could dry, and put the frame in my bag with the rest of the machine. Well, I could have sworn I had put it in before I left, but when I got to my dad's and set my machine up, I couldn't find the nose piece. I won't be back to my grandparents' until Monday, so I don't have any idea what to do. Is there any workaround I may be able to do (using the hose only in my mouth, cleaning it good each morning, etcWink? Any ideas would be huge, as I don't want to have any issues arise.

RE: Question (Answer needed asap) - PaulaO2 - 05-23-2013

There's no workaround. You'll need that piece.

I also changed your subject line so that it specifies what the issue is. That way folks can help you faster.

RE: Question (Answer needed asap) - zonk - 05-23-2013

Is there any CPAP supplier close by so you can pick up the missing part
Ask them to send the missing part by courier or go back to your grand parents house for this week-end
For next time, make a list for things you need brings with you

RE: Question (Answer needed asap) - albertsmarowsky - 05-23-2013

(05-23-2013, 07:26 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: There's no workaround. You'll need that piece.

Ok, I was afraid of that, gonna look a second time and see if I just missed it, otherwise, gonna have to get it first thing tomorrow...can't believe I did this

RE: Question: workaround for missing nose piece (ASAP) - zonk - 05-23-2013

Also check the missing part is not attached to the hose

RE: Question: workaround for missing nose piece (ASAP) - albertsmarowsky - 05-23-2013

zonk, I'll be trying to get over there first thing tomorrow, since I know it's got to be at my grandparent's...just in the hustle and bustle of getting a ton of stuff done, didn't realize I hadn't packed it already. (life's been crazy with the back and forth, and I think from now on I'll be keeping the mask all together so this never happens again).

RE: Question: workaround for missing nose piece (ASAP) - PaulaO2 - 05-23-2013

What I do is when I get a new mask, I keep the old one (or at least the usable parts of it) as back up. Any other mask parts that I kept from the one before, I evaluate and toss any that look skanky or yellowed.

Look online and see if anyone sells just that part. Then buy a handful to keep in the bag. That way you are never out of them.

A previous mask came with different sizes of nasal pillows and I kept the ones I didn't use in the bag. If I lost one or whatever, I had some sort of replacement until I could get the right size.

RE: Question: workaround for missing nose piece (ASAP) - albertsmarowsky - 05-24-2013

Found it!! Here it was right under my nose the whole time...just didn't find it until this morning