Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Pressure] First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Pressure] First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals (/Thread-Pressure-First-night-staying-asleep-with-CPAP-still-all-i-see-is-centrals)

First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals - IwantToSleep123 - 08-25-2021

Not sure how to interpret OSCAR data so wondering if anyone can help me

I posted on here before concerned about potentially having CSA with my original sleep study, i've been trialling a CPAP and last night was the first night i slept a full 8.5 hours with the machine. I don't understand the charts but to the left all i see is mostly centrals, a few hypopneas and 2 obstructions. I remember waking up once or twice mid-central apnea and choking on the air being pushed my clear airway and it waking me up causing me to gasp for air and go back to sleep. It was weird.

Any help appreciated.

RE: First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals - SarcasticDave94 - 08-25-2021

You'll be best served to allow us to see the data on the left panel and the chart.
Yes, there's some CA flags. How many? Not certain.

First night on PAP. This still can be treatment emergent.

RE: First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals - Gideon - 08-25-2021

You cut off a lot of info we use to aid and guide our suggestions.
Your CAI appears to be something under 3. Typically this is not enough to worry about.
your 11 obstructive events (though your 9 hypopneas could be central) bump your AHI up to about 4.
Your flow limits look like they may be a little high.

I suggest you cut your EPR to zero which could help with the central but hurt your obstructive events.

BTW, How do you feel?

Use F12 to take the screenshot so we can see the stats and settings.

RE: First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals - IwantToSleep123 - 08-26-2021

Which parts would you like to see? not sure what im looking at myself

this better?

RE: First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals - IwantToSleep123 - 08-26-2021

and here is my original sleep study for reference

another screenshot of diff information if it helps

RE: First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals - Crimson Nape - 08-26-2021

A little suggestion.  Unless otherwise requested, you want to have the Details tab data displayed and not the Events tab information.

RE: First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals - ubersteiny - 08-26-2021

(08-26-2021, 06:58 AM)IwantToSleep123 Wrote: Which parts would you like to see? not sure what im looking at myself

this better?

Yes, the way you configured this screenshot is the standard one to post.

RE: First night staying asleep with CPAP, still all i see is centrals - SarcasticDave94 - 08-26-2021

Sleep study info, events:
Obstructive 0
Central 10
Mixed 1
Hypopnea 31

No Obstructive. The Hypopnea are likely partially Central, though it doesn't list it.

2 choices in my opinion. Continue with the AutoSet in an avoidance of Central plan, or get the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV to treat the Centrals.

What you have with the AutoSet isn't too bad. This straight CPAP therapy currently IS the Avoid CA Plan in action.

Tell us critically and in detail, How do you feel? Is this comfortable? Helpful?