Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
I know my AHI is good, just - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: I know my AHI is good, just (/Thread-I-know-my-AHI-is-good-just)

I know my AHI is good, just - DJCpap - 09-01-2021

Wondering if some of these events could be from chin tucking? I feel like I woke up at least once with my head slumped down.
I use an adjustable bed, so head is raised and I am on my back. THANKS!

RE: I know my AHI is good, just - DaveL - 09-01-2021

I noticed your post. I've had that concern too.
I don't have the skill to read your chart. But I care. I've been compliant for over 30 years. My story isn't important, but just letting you know how incredible the people here are.
My treatment is so much better since I learned to ask questions here, and listen to the suggestions I get.

Welcome to the forum! You will find the people here are so well informed and helpful.

Dave

RE: I know my AHI is good, just - DJCpap - 09-01-2021

Yes, Dave, the people here are great! Thanks for your concern. I hope you are getting the help you need.

Rose

RE: I know my AHI is good, just - factor - 09-15-2021

Could be some look a little together.  Maybe you have a thick pillow?  Can you find a flatter one to try?
You are really close to you Max toping out.  Do you hit the max some?

You might inch up your Min pressure to 8.6 > 8.8 > 9
See if that helps your Obstructions.

Your FL look fine.

Good job on no ramp..

RE: I know my AHI is good, just - Ratchick - 09-16-2021

I also use an adjustable hospital-style bed and keep the head raised some, and I find my head tends to lol as well. The only thing I found that stopped that was a soft collar (or perhaps one of those travel pillows might work too. But if they are positional, a soft collar might be a good plan anyway. Some of the cervical support pillows can help stop your head from rolling too, but I found they just gave me neck pain.

RE: I know my AHI is good, just - OpalRose - 09-16-2021

Yes, the Obstructives (see where they are clumped together) showing on your graph are positional.  

Be sure your bed pillow is a thinner flat type, so it doesn't tilt your head forward.  If that doesn't work, then you may want to try a soft cervical collar.

RE: I know my AHI is good, just - DJCpap - 09-16-2021

Thank you! I have since raised my pressure to 9 and things are going pretty well. I also raised the max to 13, though I have not maxed out yet. I now use a soft travel pillow that opens up lengthwise, so it is at the base of my head. I do a little better with it re: head lolling, though some nights are tricky. I may look into a collar.
Thanks again!

RE: I know my AHI is good, just - factor - 09-19-2021

(09-16-2021, 09:23 PM)DJCpap Wrote: Thank you! I have since raised my pressure to 9 and things are going pretty well. I also raised the max to 13, though I have not maxed out yet. I now use a soft travel pillow that opens up lengthwise, so it is at the base of my head. I do a little better with it re: head lolling, though some nights are tricky. I may look into a collar.
Thanks again!

Good hear. 
Can we get a more current screen shot to view?

Please used the View > Take Screenshot or hit F12 to get it.

RE: I know my AHI is good, just - staceyburke - 09-19-2021

You are doing fine. For you information pressure change can NOT help with positional apnea!  You can only stop getting in that position.