Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Changing from DreamStation To A ResMed Device - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Changing from DreamStation To A ResMed Device (/Thread-Changing-from-DreamStation-To-A-ResMed-Device)

Pages: 1 2

Changing from DreamStation To A ResMed Device - Avign0n323 - 09-01-2021

Due to the recall and the fact I have asthma, I'm looking at replacing my DreamStation, but I would want to keep my DreamWear Nasal Mask, as it's the best thing I've found in 5 years of trialing.

If I go with a good BIPAP or similar ResMed machine with humidifier, will that let me continue to use my current mask and (heated) tubing?

Any suggestions on machines that are as equivalent as possible with the DreamStation?

Thanks!

RE: Changing from DreamStation To A ResMed Device - staceyburke - 09-01-2021

All masks and tubes can be used by ResMed and the dreamstation

RE: Changing from DreamStation To A ResMed Device - Gideon - 09-01-2021

Heated tubing doesn't move across brands
Standard tube and masks are no problem

RE: Changing from DreamStation To A ResMed Device - ICEMAN - 09-02-2021

(09-01-2021, 04:50 PM)Avign0n323 Wrote: Due to the recall and the fact I have asthma, I'm looking at replacing my DreamStation, but I would want to keep my DreamWear Nasal Mask, as it's the best thing I've found in 5 years of trialing.

If I go with a good BIPAP or similar ResMed machine with humidifier, will that let me continue to use my current mask and (heated) tubing?

Any suggestions on machines that are as equivalent as possible with the DreamStation?

Thanks!

I previous did used same Philips Dreamwear mask, and thought it as greatest, since Sliced bread, especially Nasal mask without the Pillow type! so then  how good that, then Hose on Top head "Crown" instead lying pulling at face, but way out the way on top of head "no hose tangled up) at times wouldn't even know there, at times have a feel to check for mask on? Now then bit later i think Resmed, also came in on the game with a competing mask. I was thinking of how good the Dreamwear was but! don't have to be Brain Surgeon thinking, Resmed would had a magnify glass over the Dreamwear Mask and testing out all Pros & Cons to present the competition, then developed in my view, a much better Mask? and I didn't want to be left wondering! so gave new mask a try at the ResMed AirFit N30i. Now I wouldn't now change back to Dreamwear Mask? unless a competition upgrade. The Resmed to me feel's better, from improvements, by the Squeezy, Crunchie, stretch type, of the main head/crown frame, gives lightly squeeze to tighten to crown/head shape ? for Snugger Non slip fit, a easier quick release "2 tab Squeeze" if ever is a need a quick disconnect hose from frame, but I rarely use, as mask is to easy slip's off/on if need to? Then is just Nasal or with Pillows? sticking pillows up your nose what the? just a No way, so the  plain Nasal type for me, simple, yet feel so good, or is actually "the Don't Feel it" how good is that ! then the disappeared hose hanging from your face or tension of No hose pulling on or at Nasal mask causing Mask leaks? but then that is just my own personal view? and everyone to your own ! Horses for Courses Smile
[Image: N30i__56936.1601446472.jpg?c=2]

[attachment=35315]

Yes Gideon correct my Phillips hose to machine connection wont fit Resmed or vice versa but the actual Mask end connection's is interchange capable to fit masks connection's.

RE: Changing from DreamStation To A ResMed Device - Avign0n323 - 09-02-2021

Thanks, I saw that mask and will be trying it out--I may switch, too!

OK, so I will have to use the ResMed heated tubing, then.

Also, on the filters, I was using the standard DreamStation filter with the clipon high-level filter to stop smaller particles--I assume ResMed has some similar type of filter that's better than the standard one?

Thanks!

RE: Changing from DreamStation To A ResMed Device - DaveCar - 09-02-2021

Totally different intake filters.
The resmed ones are cheaper, basically just little pads as opposed to the DS 'trays'.
Hopefully, you didnt have a bag of 100 DS filters...  Smile

RE: Changing from DreamStation To A ResMed Device - Avign0n323 - 09-02-2021

Nope, just had a few...<G>

Thanks!

RE: Changing from DreamStation To A ResMed Device - Avign0n323 - 10-25-2021

Will probably move over to the ResMed N30i mask, for one big reason:  For some reason, using my Respironics DreamWear Nasal Mask with the AirSense 11 AutoSet causes a periodic "whistle" upon exhalation from the vent in the nose piece--almost like blowing in a harmonica.  I even changed out the nose piece with a brand new one, and same issue.

While I don't hear it (partially deaf), it sounds to my wife like fingernails on a chalkboard, and she's woken me up several times to try and do something.

I've tried sleeping position changes, tightening the mask, and making some adjustments on the CPAP (Normal Pressure is 9-20, lowered it to 8, Changed AutoSet Response from Standard to Soft, Changed EPR Value from 3 to 2).  The changes got rid of some other noisemakers, but not the whistle, so...gonna try the other mask.

I have a question, too.  I've always used a fairly high level of humidity and tube heat with the Respironics DreamStation with no water in the mask.  Also, the tubing would feel physically warm, so I knew it was heating.

When I got the new machine, I left the Climate Control at Auto, and changed the Tube Temp to 86 degrees.  With those settings, my mask got full of water droplets, and I noticed that the tubing did NOT feel warm at all.  I finally changed Climate Control to Manual, and Humidity to 3, and while no or not much water in the mask, now I feel a bit dry, and the tube still doesn't feel warm.  I would assume if there was a defect in the heated tubing, the machine would identify a fault?  Or is this a known issue?

Thanks!