Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
MyAir alternatives - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: MyAir alternatives (/Thread-MyAir-alternatives)

MyAir alternatives - zzzzzzzzzz - 09-06-2021

Hi all,

I'm new on here so forgive me if this is covered elsewhere or I'm posting in the wrong forum!!  I've just recently been diagnosed with OSA and commenced CPAP.  I'm using the Resmed Airsense 10 Elite machine.  I'm a bit of a numbers person so keen to have a look at some of the data the machine generates BUT I am unable to register my machine with MyAir (not sure if this is because it is out of region..).  Just wanted some advice on what alternatives there are to view your detailed data - I see a lot of references to OSCAR but I don't have a personal  laptop right now - only iPad, phone etc.  I have a work laptop but cannot load new software on there so only option would be if there was some kind of web based tool..

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!!!

RE: MyAir alternatives - staceyburke - 09-06-2021

MyAir will give very little data it is used for compliance only. Your machine is Oscar data useable but there is no net based version. You need a pc or max to use the software.

I’m sorry maybe someone else will have an idea.

RE: MyAir alternatives - koala1 - 09-07-2021

(09-06-2021, 10:22 PM)zzzzzzzzzz Wrote: Hi all,

I'm new on here so forgive me if this is covered elsewhere or I'm posting in the wrong forum!!  I've just recently been diagnosed with OSA and commenced CPAP.  I'm using the Resmed Airsense 10 Elite machine.  I'm a bit of a numbers person so keen to have a look at some of the data the machine generates BUT I am unable to register my machine with MyAir (not sure if this is because it is out of region..).  Just wanted some advice on what alternatives there are to view your detailed data - I see a lot of references to OSCAR but I don't have a personal  laptop right now - only iPad, phone etc.  I have a work laptop but cannot load new software on there so only option would be if there was some kind of web based tool..

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!!!

As mentioned before, for detailed data you need oscar. 

As for registration to myAir, you have to register your machine according to region from where it was purchase. 
Machine serial number is connected to a specific region.

For me, I’m based in Japan but imported machine from Europe so I had to register it at EU website.

Registration is not a problem. Problem is that  modem you’re machine use probably won’t work out of region it was made for. 
I can’t use my air at all do to this.

RE: MyAir alternatives - OpalRose - 09-07-2021

Moved this thread to Software Support.

RE: MyAir alternatives - rhashimoto - 09-07-2021

If you have computer expertise in your circle of family and friends, you might be able to use your work laptop to boot into Linux from a USB drive and run OSCAR from that (depends on whether the BIOS is locked). That wouldn't install anything onto the laptop; it would only read from and write to the USB drive.

Alternatively, you could set up a virtual machine running Linux in the cloud and use an app like VNC or Microsoft Remote Desktop on your iPad to access it and run OSCAR. This is more complicated to set up and you'll next have to solve the problem of how to upload SD card data.

I would only consider these options if I didn't have a way to get a laptop. Refurbished or secondhand via friends, online, garage sale, etc., would be fine.