Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed AirFit F30 FFM - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed AirFit F30 FFM (/Thread-Resmed-AirFit-F30-FFM)

Pages: 1 2 3

Resmed AirFit F30 FFM - Big Guy - 09-09-2021

That's what I've been using as of late. It's been working fine, until now. I've been getting mask leaks. I put on a new cushion and made sure the head straps are tensioned properly. 

The 1st part of the night (4-5 hrs. or so) there's no problem. Then it begins to leak. I make the necessary adjustments but it's no use. So.....off comes the mask and I go back to sleep. 

I tried going back to my AirFit F20, and it was okay, but sure as there's icing on cake, my nose will itch, and I can't scratch it. I tried it for a few nights, gave up and went back to my F30. 

I'm assuming that the silicone heats up enough to make it flimsy / too pliable. That was my only glimmer of hope during this therapy, that my mask was working well, even if I'm not feeling the affects of the therapy itself. 

I'm not familiar with other FFM's. I'm a die-hard mouth breather, and a side sleeper. That's what I liked about the F30, it did the job until it no longer did.  Oh-jeez

RE: Resmed AirFit F30 FFM - mrmagloo - 09-09-2021

Fwiw, I have tried dozens of FF masks to avoid having to use a cervical collar to solve mouth breathing, but I cannot for the life of me ever get any of them to not leak excessively. I keep trying but eventually am forced back to the P10 with collar.

RE: Resmed AirFit F30 FFM - DaveL - 09-09-2021

Thanks mrmagloo

Soon as I think i've solved it new troubles come. Bahhh humbuggg...

RE: Resmed AirFit F30 FFM - staceyburke - 09-09-2021

I have the F30 and many times I have woken up but I trade you a nasal pillow mask for the rest of the night. Just pop one off slide the other on and back to sleep. The 2 nd half I have mouth leaks but I get 3 to 6 hours with the ffm.

RE: Resmed AirFit F30 FFM - Big Guy - 09-09-2021

If I didn't sleep as well w/o my machine and mask, I'd be more prone to find a solution. But, therein lies the problem! I sleep just as well (if not better) w/o the machine. 

In the back of my mind, I guess I'm just not fully convinced that my sleep apnea problem is all that serious. If I sleep w/o my gear, I do great. 

No problems or issues, compared to some on here.  Eat-popcorn

RE: Resmed AirFit F30 FFM - DaveL - 09-09-2021

My grandfather passed at 72.
My father passed at 76. He had sleep apnea; not diagnosed. They hadn't invented it then. ;-) just guessing... His issue...heart.

I'm soon 75. Let's see if this stuff works.

I turn 67 in late October. My father passed @ age 86. He had a quadruple by-pass when he was in his mid 40's. Once he recovered from that, he never had another heart issue. 

No one in my immediate family had sleep apnea. Didn't know of any relatives that had it either. 

I suppose if I had symptoms that were more pronounced, I'd be more concerned. Truth-be-told, I don't want to live to be in my mid 80's. If I live to be in my late 70's, I'll have nothing to complain about. 

It'll be three years of therapy for me on the 11th. I know I've spoken about sticking with it for 5 yrs. or so. Not sure if I'll realize that or not.

RE: Resmed AirFit F30 FFM - staceyburke - 09-09-2021

When you turn 75 you may have other thoughts!

(09-09-2021, 08:58 PM)staceyburke Wrote: When you turn 75 you may have other thoughts!

It's a long & drawn out story, and I won't go to the trouble of trying to explain it. But......I knew from a young age (13 or so) that I wouldn't have any children of my own, and that I'd only live to see 65 or so. 

No kids of my own and I'm still alive. And yes, I do have some anxiety about being as old as I am.

RE: Resmed AirFit F30 FFM - legrunt - 09-09-2021

FWIW, I'm using an Airtouch F20... and when my nose itches, I just push my finger under the seal to scratch it, leaks be damned. Sure it hisses like a ** for a few seconds, but right after that, it's back to bliss.