Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed ClimateLine hose 'retains water' - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed ClimateLine hose 'retains water' (/Thread-Resmed-ClimateLine-hose-retains-water)

Pages: 1 2

Resmed ClimateLine hose 'retains water' - stanstr - 09-16-2021

I recently got a new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset (to replace my 'poisoned' Dreamstation). It came with Resmed ClimateLine tubing. Every morning I rinse out the tubing and mask, and hang them up to dry, but at the end of the day there is still water in the tubing. When I go to assemble it back together, and remove the tubing from where I left it to dry, about an ounce (half an ounce?) of water falls out of the end with the 90° elbow that attaches to the machine. I slap the open end on my palm, and more water comes out. I'd prefer to start the night with the tube dry.

The Dreamstation tubing (also heated) had straight connectors at each end, which I assume is why it dried every day.

Anyone else see this?
What can I do to make sure the thing dries out completely during the day?
[Image: DBS5FLN.jpg]
Resmed ClimateLine Tubing

RE: Resmed ClimateLine hose 'retains water' - SarcasticDave94 - 09-16-2021

When I've washed my hose it didn't have moisture in it like yours. Maybe don't wash them, seriously. The hose is an airway that will also carry the bit of moisture the humidifier supplies. But how dirty will it get doing that?

RE: Resmed ClimateLine hose 'retains water' - DaveCar - 09-17-2021

" Maybe don't wash "
I've always thought that the recommended cleaning period on hoses is for a worst case scenario. If someone was to practice clean-hand techniques when handling the humidifier and only using distilled water in it, the hose should be able to go on extended use. The mask and the vent elbow is a different story of course.

RE: Resmed ClimateLine hose 'retains water' - legrunt - 09-17-2021

You don't have to wash it every day. If you're a clean freak, maybe once a week. Otherwise, some people don't ever wash it. I mean, any germs on it are already in you.

But that's probably not helping.

Anyway, what I do when I wake up is... remove the elbow from my mask and quietly get out of the room to avoid waking the wife and little devil. Later in the morning, I will empty the humidifier chamber and run a towel inside it to dry it as much as possible. I then stick the chamber back in, start the machine and immediately shut it off again. The machine will automatically go into cooling down mode (as it assumes the humidifier chamber is hot after a run) and it will gently blow air through the hose for 20 minutes. Since the chamber is dry, the hose will be too because of this. This keeps grunk build up to a very very bare minimum.

RE: Resmed ClimateLine hose 'retains water' - OpalRose - 09-17-2021

Seriously, you don't need to wash that hose every day.  I try to wash it once a month at the most.  Sometimes not even that!

If you are insistent on washing it that much... after a good rinse, take it in the shower or preferably outside and twirl it around and shake it out before hanging it to dry.  

Also, it helps if you have an extra hose on hand to switch out so you always have a dry one.

RE: Resmed ClimateLine hose 'retains water' - mrmagloo - 09-17-2021

I agree that rinsing or washing every day is way over kill. But at whatever frequency that works for you, I would suggest doing the hand slap BEFORE hanging the tube up to dry. If you remove as much excess water you can upfront, it will have a better chance of drying completely when it's hanging.

RE: Resmed ClimateLine hose 'retains water' - Big Guy - 09-17-2021

I too, agree with what's being said. I clean my CPAP hose once or maybe twice a month. Once done, I hang it up to dry and never have any remaining water issues with it.

RE: Resmed ClimateLine hose 'retains water' - SarcasticDave94 - 09-17-2021

Oh an alternate hose drying method, hook the hose to your PAP without mask and run it for a minute or two.

RE: Resmed ClimateLine hose 'retains water' - mrmagloo - 09-17-2021

Just a quick random thought - To expand on Dave's idea, perhaps use the backup machine to do the drying duties so that you don't inadvertently affect the Oscar data.

RE: Resmed ClimateLine hose 'retains water' - Dog Slobber - 09-17-2021

1. Washing the hose everyday is excessive. But do what your comfortable with, accept that all the extra scrubbing, disconnecting, reconnecting is going wear out your equipment and connection points a lot sooner.

2. Remove excess water by swinging hose around, then use the AirSense 10 Maskfit option to blow dry it. AirSense 11 users can also use the test drive feature.

3. A few drops in the hose is nothing to be concerned about.