Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand? (/Thread-Equipment-Airsense-10-What-spare-parts-to-keep-on-hand)

Pages: 1 2

Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand? - Phil7 - 09-19-2021

I've been seeing a lot of "leaking water chamber" information for AireSense 10's, but that information looks old and I also would never run a water chamber  through a dishwasher (if that may have been a part of the failure information I'm seeing).    I'm assuming I should order 1 extra water chamber, to keepa spare on hand.   Should I keep 2 spares on hand?

I'm also assuming that I should keep 2 new heated tube spares on hand, in case of a failure (I did have a Dreamstation H15 tube fail where it stopped being identified as a H15 type, and was just being identified as a non-heated 15 type once).   Otherwise I've been going a year between changing Dreamstation H15 heated tubes w/ no issues.   What I've noticed with Dreamstation H15 tubes, is that around the 1 year mark, the end will loosen up enough where it may no longer get a firm grip on a mask connection.

Aside from water chamber and heated tube spares, are there any other spare parts that I should keep on hand (other than filters)?

Thanks!

RE: Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand? - DaveCar - 09-19-2021

Safe to presume that you already have a decent UPS protecting your power supply ?

RE: Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand? - pholynyk - 09-19-2021

My insurance paid for a 'Premium package', so I have both styles of water tank. Coming up on six years, one of the tanks is still in its box. The other has never been a problem.

As for the Climateline hose, I am on my third, and am now of the suspicion that the problem is inside the box - the flex sheet that caries power to the connector. Which has been re-designed in the AS11 to not need a flex cable.

I do have the advantage of living in a big city, within walking distance of my multiple outlet DME, so getting replacement parts would not be a problem.

RE: Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand? - SideSleeper - 09-19-2021

I got my Airsense 10 almost exactly 1 year ago--had a PR 560. Made me a little nervous the first 6 months. Changed out everything then So I had backup, and I am glad I did this, even though I needed only the AirTouch cushions. Within a few months my connector between the mask and hose broke so I had a spare. Next one magnetic clip to hold the mask on broke. At that point I changed all the mask parts except hose and tank--I am changing these today after a year's use--they will be kept as spares. If they hold up like their PR counterparts I won't need to replace them for a long time.

RE: Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand? - factor - 09-19-2021

I keep
a spare standard tube.
a spare complete mask.
a spare humid chamber.
I also keep a spare full face mask if I get sick.
I have a battery pack as well.

I have lots of other normal things like cushions and filters.

RE: Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand? - SarcasticDave94 - 09-19-2021

I think best case is to have at least 2 of everything, mask and all parts, hose, humidifier tub, filters, and then at least the one full power supply, but it can't hurt to think about even having a backup for this too. 1 of each that you're using and then a spare to sit ready. And eventually even to the place where you even have your old PAP as backup while using the newer one.

RE: Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand? - Phil7 - 09-19-2021

Thanks.  I do have a good UPS and a whole home surge suppressor attached to my breaker panel actually.

I don't get insurance at all right now for CPAP machines or supplies.   10 years ago I got extremely fed up with the Medical Supply company I was assigned to and had no choice over.  I asked my MD if he could write me a CPAP machine script (he had the sleep lab results forwarded to him).  He had no problem with that.  I uploaded my prescription to an online vendor who to this day insists it's a lifetime prescription.

I've been completely on my own for 10 years now, and for the last 5 using an Auto CPAP mode.   I have never been able to figure out how to get insurance reinbursment on my own, and get a bad insurance company run-around every time I try.   It never seemed like that much of a deal before, where the last Dreamstation I ordered was only $450 when I ordered it.

The near $1000 price tag on the AirSense 10 unit is causing me to re-think this, but I am lost at figuring out how to get insurance to pay while being completely on my own.

RE: Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand? - Big Guy - 09-19-2021

It's now been over three years for me on CPAP. I'm still using the original water reservoir that came with my machine.

RE: Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand? - Phil7 - 09-19-2021

Thanks.   I went 4 years on the same Dreamstation water tank.  But, while researching the AirSense 10, I saw a lot of information from 2 to 4 years back about people that had water tanks that would start leaking under pressure.   Maybe that's just a very small defect rate from the past.  Thanks.

RE: Airsense 10 - What spare parts to keep on hand? - Big Guy - 09-19-2021

Not sure what happened to my post above that was partially cut off. 

Anyways, it's good to have a spare hose and a spare mask on hand as well. The filters for the machine can be easily washed and reused. Some hot water, a drop or two of dish soap, a gentle finger massage, and then rinse. Pat dry with a paper towel and they'll air dry 100% within 15-20 min. or so. 

It is good though, to have a few extra on hand as well. But.....really no need to toss um after a month or so.